Problem sending message

rayray

Reaction score
Anyhbody know how to send a text to multiple contacts?

Stigy

Reaction score
Unfortunately this is not a feature in the Android stock messaging application.

When ChompSMS gets ported for use in 2.0 it allows you to click a "+" button and select multiple contacts to send too. I am not sure if HandcentSMS does this or not, but I know Chomp does.

So when it is available for 2.0 be on the look out.

pwo

Reaction score
Unfortunately this is not a feature in the Android stock messaging application.

When ChompSMS gets ported for use in 2.0 it allows you to click a "+" button and select multiple contacts to send too. I am not sure if HandcentSMS does this or not, but I know Chomp does.

So when it is available for 2.0 be on the look out.

Sure it is:

open the messaging app., then select TO:, then type name or number (if the name is in your contacts a drop down menu will appear with possible options) select the name when it appears in the drop down menu, once you select the name it will appear in the TO: box along with a comma, tap after the comma and add another name or number, when done type txt and press send.:biggrin:

Ask another?

Stigy

Reaction score
Ya know I never even noticed that...

I guess I just got so used to the simplicity of ChompSMS where you can just use checkboxes to select your contacts to send to.

Guess ya learn something new every day, even though I have been using Android for just about a year already.

Thanks.

pwo

Reaction score
Ya know I never even noticed that...

I guess I just got so used to the simplicity of ChompSMS where you can just use checkboxes to select your contacts to send to.

Guess ya learn something new every day, even though I have been using Android for just about a year already.

Thanks.

yeah, I came from a windows mobile phone just yesterday and thats how you do it on there. I think I about got this Droid whipped!!!! I haven't put it down since I had it also.....

suprlonghorn

Reaction score
I notice you can only add 10 recipients at a time...

How do you forward txt msgs? I couldn't seem to find the option, so I just kept retyping the same txt over and sending it to 10 ppl at a time..there has to be an easier way...just can't seem to find it. Help?