Problem receiving text and "network not found"

Xavin

Reaction score
I've had the Bionic for a day and I'm not getting about half my texts. It seems all my friends get my text to them but when they text me I only get some of the text. There seems to be periods where everything is fine but then suddenly my friends end me 5 text and I might get 1 or 2 of them. And it's not like there's a lag where 10 mins later I suddenly get all the missed texts. They never come thru. Anyone else having this problem? Also, twice my phone has dropped calls saying "No network detected. Only emergency calls allowed" I've never had these problems before with a verizon phone, but I've never owned a Motorola handset before. Any thoughts?

Thanks!

TimeChuck

Reaction score
Im also having problems with finding the network. Im losing half my battery to cell standby where my og droid had 3g all day long

sent from my droid bionic while it was working

wjbionic

Reaction score
i am having the same problem. dropping a few calls a day and not getting text or receiving phone calls

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
Have you tried switching from CDMA/LTE to CDMA only?

dlo-htown

Reaction score

Sorry, but that's a lame solution.

I don't want to have to be jacking with my phone's settings to get things to work right. Maybe some people got nothing better to do than play with your phone's settings, but some of us have way more important things to do during the day and constantly jacking with a $300 appliance isn't one of them.

BLAZE86DUBZ

Reaction score
i have a same issues i think its a software issue not a hardware issue hope theres a fix soon

wjbionic

Reaction score

yes have tried that, have gotten a new sim card, now a buddy that has the phone as well is having the same problem. so it must be a problem with the network holding a signal with the bionic. or possibly a problem with the antenna in the phone. whenever it drops a call it says "roaming indicator on" "no network available". go to make a call and same thing says "no network available emergency calls only". than wait a few minutes and you can make a call so it must reset with the network or something.

marinegundoctor

Reaction score
@wjbionic
I have the same problem and CDMA only does not work. I tried everything I could thing of for 3 days while in an extended area (Southwest Iowa) including calling Verizon and a 4G technician from a buddy's Verizon phone. This only happens when I'm in an extended network. I still show 3-4 bars of signal (the same as my friend's phone) yet I can not even place an emergency call to 911. I tried dialing 911 just to see if it would connect but I got the same "no network...." message. After a good wait or resetting the phone, or cycling airplane mode, it would attempt to place the call ringing once followed by the "roaming indicator on"/"call dropped" message. I am about ready to trade this 1.5week old Bionic in for something more solid on the network.

mamawm

Reaction score
@wjbionic
I have the same problem and CDMA only does not work. I tried everything I could thing of for 3 days while in an extended area (Southwest Iowa) including calling Verizon and a 4G technician from a buddy's Verizon phone. This only happens when I'm in an extended network. I still show 3-4 bars of signal (the same as my friend's phone) yet I can not even place an emergency call to 911. I tried dialing 911 just to see if it would connect but I got the same "no network...." message. After a good wait or resetting the phone, or cycling airplane mode, it would attempt to place the call ringing once followed by the "roaming indicator on"/"call dropped" message. I am about ready to trade this 1.5week old Bionic in for something more solid on the network.

make sure that you have the cdma roaming mode set to automatic. settings > wireless and network settings > mobile network settings > system select > automatic

kypeout

Reaction score
Has anyone cracked the code on this yet? I've exactly the same problem and have spent nearly an hour on the phone with tech support going through every setting on my phone and no luck. Live and bought phone (actually 2 Bionics and same problem with both) in Maryland and when visting family in NW Missouri I get the "No network available. Emergency calls only" message and the pop up asking to deny or accept international roaming (neither choice appears to do anything as the message keeps popping up). My last Droid worked here, three other models of Verizon phones in family work here, even my Samsung tablet gets slow (1x) data service here. Every now and then my Bionic phones will work for a bit and even get 1x data service...but mostly nothing. Only seems to be a problem with the Bionic.​
Oh...and I just got the new software upgrade last week...and still have the same problems. Has anyone else had this in an extended area that's not NW Missouri / SW Iowa?​