"Problem Loading Widget"

tahoe54

Reaction score
in the process of removing a widget, I removed it, but the message problem loading widget stays on the home screen. what to do?

Also, when home screen is being viewed, shouldn't orientation flip 90 degrees when unit is turned 90 degrees? I have it set to, but it doesn't. It does when apps are open, but not on home screen. Is this normal?

Thanks

Droidfish

Reaction score
That message usually means that the widget is still on your homescreen. Have you tried to long press the error message and drag it over to the trash can?

And the screen orientation doesn't flip when on the homescreen on the stock launcher. Although there are home and launcher replacements that can. Have you tried helixlauncher? It's in the market and offers that function plus a lot more. Hope this helps, and welcome to droidforums

OP
tahoe54

tahoe54

Reaction score
More

Swimmingly perfect info Droidfish, thanks - that worked. Now that I know that it's not supposed to turn 90 degrees, how can I get back the app (Beautiful widget) which I thought was causing the problem back? Is there a way to recover a purchased but erased app? If not, $2 won't break the bank. Thanks again for your support.

Droidfish

Reaction score
Yeah, just go into the market, hit the menu button, then click downloads and google should have stored all your downloads, free and paid. Find it and redownload.

Nitro Mustang

Reaction score
That message usually means that the widget is still on your homescreen. Have you tried to long press the error message and drag it over to the trash can?

Digging up an old thread (the search function does wonders) and had to thank you for this! I put the APOD (Astronomy Pic of the Day) on my Droid X and didn't like the way it moved my clock to the middle of the home screen. I uninstalled it, but it still said "unable to load widget" or some BS like that. Took your advice and drug it to the trash - boom! Thanks dancedroid