Problem listening to phone through headphone jack...

Upper tanker

Reaction score
So From March 2010 till yesterday, I had the original Droid. The phone was great, but it was starting to "get slow" for my needs. Then I dropped it. I broke the screen on it.

Anyways, I ended up with this HTC Thunderbolt. I like it, I'm learning more stuff about it everytime I use it.

I am, however, having a problem.

On my old droid, I had tons of music on it. I would plug it into the aux port on my radio, via the headphone jack. I could listen to music, then my ringtone would come through over my truck speakers, and I would hit the answer button to answer. I could talk as if the phone was on speaker, and the person who I was taking through's voice would come over the truck speakers.

With my new Thunderbolt, I can listen to music fine, and the ringtone still comes across. However, when I answer the phone, the person on the other end cannot hear me if I talk into the phone (while it is plugged into the aux port on the stereo.) Is there a setting I need to change or mess with?

Thanks in advance.

tb110895

Reaction score
This doesnt work with my D2 either. I have to unplug it. I dont use it in a car but I use regular headphones

OP
U

Upper tanker

Reaction score
Wow that stinks. If there's no way to do it I'm going to be pretty pissed. For the price that is paid for this phone you would think......just saying lol.

Hampton

Reaction score
I am in the exact same boat. it is really irritating. I havent been able to find a setting to make the phone only recognize headphones and not a headset. I think it should be an easy fix. It seems the phone thinks a headset is plugged in rather than just headphones. I can't wait to have this fixed.