Problem eporting contacts from Droid X to vcard for upload to outlook

fxf67

Reaction score
I have tried numerous times to export the 2,000 contacts I have in my phone to the SD vcard. I follow the instructions and the phone says it is exporting the entire file, but when I take the sd card out and input it into the reader, it only has one (1) contact record. What am I doing wrong? Frustration reigns!!

clcto

Supporting Vendor
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.companionlink.com
It's always a bit of a challenge to import/export between two databases. Android, which is linux based, has a whole different design philosophy than Outlook Windows based software. The development teams from different countries, working in different decades, approached their respective platforms from different angles; go figure. So even a standard, like VCARD may yield results only after a bit of effort and time.

Depending on how you value your time, you may want to look at 3rd party products like CompanionLink. This may be particularly helpful if you want to update your data in a few weeks or months, as the export/import approach does not work when you really want to update existing records rather than replace the record set.

Wayland Bruns, CTO
CompanionLink Software, Inc.
www.companionlink.com