probably a stupid question

boynblu

Reaction score
In my favorite contacts on GB I had the option of choosing which phone number or contact method I wanted and when i would choose which favorite contact in the tool bar it completed the task.... now in ICS when I choose a contact it opens the info and I have to choose what to do.....kind of defeats the purpose to me.....but it still shows what action I had chosen as the default action for the contact previously in GB with a green check mark...any suggestions????

William_04_x

Reaction score
I copied this reply from Moto Matt. It may answer your question.

Open a contact in your Quick Contact list. Press and hold that contact until it opens full screen. Press and hold the number you want to set to default. A menu will pop up - select "Set default."

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX using Droid Forums

OP
boynblu

boynblu

Reaction score
Well its a no go everytime i open one of my favorites it still makes me choose which number i want to call.....kind of a pitb

tnhockey

Reaction score
ive been reading a lot of mixed info about how to activate the s3. im picking one up tomorrow from a friend and it will have the sim in it (currently have a 4s so the sim wont transfer) ive activated phones on the vzw website before with no problems but a lot of people were saying they were having trouble with the s3. has anyone bought one of these from a third party and had problems activating it? seems so simple but everything ive read has me nervous :blink:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
ive been reading a lot of mixed info about how to activate the s3. im picking one up tomorrow from a friend and it will have the sim in it (currently have a 4s so the sim wont transfer) ive activated phones on the vzw website before with no problems but a lot of people were saying they were having trouble with the s3. has anyone bought one of these from a third party and had problems activating it? seems so simple but everything ive read has me nervous :blink:

Is the SIM that's coming with it brand new, or has it been previously used? If it's been used by someone else, you'll have to get a new one.

tnhockey

Reaction score
its been used. is it different for 4g? i bought my iphone on ebay and it came with a 3g sim already in it that had been used and i didnt have to get a new one.

honors21

Reaction score
It depends what phone your coming from if you have the thunderbolt then it won't work.Any 4g phone after that you should be good to go.

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
its been used. is it different for 4g? i bought my iphone on ebay and it came with a 3g sim already in it that had been used and i didnt have to get a new one.

Yes, it's different for 4G. The SIM card in the Verizon iPhone 4S is a GSM SIM card that has absolutely no bearing on the functioning of the iPhone while in the United States on Verizon (since Verizon is a CDMA network, not a GSM network). The only reason there is a SIM card in the 4S is for international roaming outside of the U.S.

For LTE, the SIM card is tied directly to your account, and it's necessary for you to activate the phone as well as use it on Verizon's network. If you're using a SIM card that you have currently been using, it will be fine (as long as it's a microSIM or cut to the microSIM size). If you previously used a LTE SIM card, but then went back to a 3G device, your old SIM card won't work. You also can't use a LTE SIM that someone else used since it's tied to the account of that person (and if they're using a new SIM, their old card is pretty much worthless). The easiest thing to do is to take the phone into a corporate Verizon store and tell them you want to activate it on your account (If you go to a "authorized retailer," they might charge you for the SIM. A corporate store will do it for free.). If you can't get to a store, you'll have to call and have Verizon send you a new SIM for your account.

Last edited:

bsweetness

Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 2 XL
It depends what phone your coming from if you have the thunderbolt then it won't work.Any 4g phone after that you should be good to go.

A SIM from the Thunderbolt will work in the S3, you'll just have to cut it to microSIM size. The same goes for any of the early LTE devices that used full-size SIM cards.

kparks

Reaction score
tnhockey said:

Ur friend needs to keep his sim its no good to u and u have to go to a Vzw store they will give u one for free if it's ur 1st 4G phone that uses that kind of sim

k1ngr4t

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Z Force
And also, you really have nothing to lose by just trying it. I'd be willing to bet it'll work just fine, and if not...then you'll have to get a new SIM anyways. And I think we'd all like to know for sure too! Let us know what you decide :biggrin: