Probably a dumb question but I have to ask...............

droidx38

Reaction score
Since I am now forced to use a usb tether ONLY since the newest OTA update. (guess motorola/verizon decided to block out all usage of rooted phones for free wifi internet tethering). Now, I have installed PdaNet usb tethering because it was the fastest of all that I tried that was free and didn't block out certain sites so now my dumb question is...........can a usb tether be split and shared by two laptops at the same time? If not, can someone PLEASE figure out a way to do it soon so I don't have to wait half the night for my wife to finish using the internet so I can use it?! LOL! :D

OP
D

droidx38

Reaction score
Cant wifi even after re-rooting the last ota update to 605. The update somehow tied ANY wifi I try to use to their hotspot app and will only load up to their page asking me to pay an extra $20 a month to use it. I have been using PdaNet app via usb cable ever since and was just asking to see if there is any way I can share this type of internet connection between the laptop the phone is plugged into and another one in the same room?

OP
D

droidx38

Reaction score
I didn't know that was possible! Is there precise directions for dummies so that I can try it? Man, the wife is gonna be so happy if I can do this! dancedroiddancedroiddancedroid

SupraRZ95

Reaction score
Check the rom section stickies and read up on sbfing. The sbf files cannot be found here or links given. But google is your friend for files. Just make sure the sbf file is correct. Or u could have serious issues.

x.sys

OP
D

droidx38

Reaction score
Is it safe for me to assume that my original version was 602 if I bought the phone in November 2010 or does t it matter?