Primary email account

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Is there a way to change my primary email account setting?

Can you explain a little more about what your are asking?

Is your primary email gmail? Are you having your mail forwarded to gmail?

If it's gmail you can change your settings on line in your gmail account. You can also change settings for forwarded mail too there. If you're looking for something else, please repeat the question with a bit more detail.

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
"settings/acounts and sync/manage accts" will let you add more.

You also could reset the phone and then log on with a different gmail account. Purchased apps are tied to your gmail account.

OP
J

jrsmall0221

Reaction score
When I got my phone, I first logged into my Gmail account. This email account was automatically added to my phone. I then added a yahoo mail account to my phone. When I go into my email settings, my yahoo email account is selected as the "primary account." I would rather my Gmail account be my primary account but it gives me no option in the email account settings to select another account.

Thanks for your reply!

Justin

mountaineerndixie

Reaction score
"settings/acounts and sync/manage accts" will let you add more.

You also could reset the phone and then log on with a different gmail account. Purchased apps are tied to your gmail account.

I didnt know app purchases are tied to ur gmail acct. Damn, Ive been wanting to change my primary gmail acct. but that may wreak havoc at the market, huh?

~ Transmitted via Motorola Droid ~

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When I got my phone, I first logged into my Gmail account. This email account was automatically added to my phone. I then added a yahoo mail account to my phone. When I go into my email settings, my yahoo email account is selected as the "primary account." I would rather my Gmail account be my primary account but it gives me no option in the email account settings to select another account.

Thanks for your reply!

Justin

So this is all working off your phone, correct? You are not going on line and doing anything there in the settings of the gmail account?

I would delete the yahoo mail account (if it will let you) then I would select gmail as your primary account. Then go to the settings at www.gmail.com and set up yahoo to come through your gmail account.

If it will not let you change the primary account then do a factory data reset. This time log in with your gmail account and then go to www.gmail.com and do your set up for your yahoo account. I'm kind of guessing but I think maybe the "helpful" people at Verizon did this for you to start with.

Let me include this for you as well.

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...66-droid-hints-pop3-gmail-forwarding-you.html

Hope this helps.

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
I didnt know app purchases are tied to ur gmail acct. Damn, Ive been wanting to change my primary gmail acct. but that may wreak havoc at the market, huh?

Market will be fine, You'll just lose all your paid apps.....

OP
J

jrsmall0221

Reaction score
I know that I can import my yahoo mail into my Gmail account for 30 days, but can I do this permanately?

christim

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
While logged onto your gmail account visit google.com

Upper right hand corner, click the arrow next to Settings.

Go to Google Account Settings

Click the Check out option
https://checkout.google.com/main displays my market purchases.

I can not switch my primary account, can only add extra ones. Verify with Verizon but I'm thinking you need to do a factory reset, then log on with the gmail account you want to be the primary one.

Settings/Privacy/Factory Data Reset is where this option is located.

Paid apps would be gone. Astro can let you back up already installed apps though.