Previous BB Owners, how are you gonna deal with no more Blackberry Messenger?

cybrwulf

Reaction score
I was planning on keeping my Tour for a while, but apparently my wife wants it. I may just cut the cord on it....

Has anyone done this before? Is there somehow to notify your BBM contacts and let them know you are now using email/SMS/IM?

medicTHREE

Reaction score
Send out a broadcast message in BBM to your contacts saying that BB sucks, you're done with that crap, and you're using SMS now on your DROID or GTalk, or whatever.

Spanky

Reaction score
I'll get over it, very quickly. The only person I know that uses BBM is my wife. I'm sure once she sees how great the Android OS is, she'll want one too.

medicTHREE

Reaction score
I never saw the draw of BBM. Sure, it was threaded before SMS, and they had that going for them... but threaded SMS is soooo 1999. With an unlimited messaging plan I just didn't see the need to use BBM.

I have a lot of BB friends that don't even know how to use BBM. Funny stuff, really.

jbjtkbw00

Reaction score
Not gonna miss it. Texting is widely available and I didn't need a manufacturer specific IM client. That was just extra work to me.

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
Well, my little lady will still have her Curve and I will miss using BBM with her, but the Gtalk app is free and works just fine on both phones so it isn't really a worry. She is the only one that really matters, to me, were messaging is concerned so others can get Gtalk, use email, sms or ............perish the thought.........actually call me. :biggrin: Plus, it will free up a bunch of memory on her phone if we remove BBM.

cereal killer

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nokia Lumia Icon
Seriously anything to do with BB I will not miss..I am so done with that product it's not even funny.

garrett

Silver Member
Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Seriously anything to do with BB I will not miss..I am so done with that product it's not even funny.

my feelings exactly... im just not impressed with anything they do anymore. I only have a handfull of contacts on there but i do use it religiously as i talk to those people constantly. i'd say ill be over the whole BBM thing in about 45 seconds.

they keep thinking that their push email system alone is going to keep them alive....

Last edited:

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am one that uses BBM HEAVILY. I have like 90 contacts and 4 groups I chat with :D. Having said that. Google talk will become my best friend :). It's free for the other side also :p. Until google wave gets out that is than i'm sure we will all switch to that ;)

OfTheDamned

Reaction score
I do have to say that I am a little disappointed that Gtalk is not even listed as an instant messaging platform in THIS forum. Come on guys, we need that on this site. <taps foot impatiently>

It would be nice for those of us to use it a little like BBM.

mth04

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I do have to say that I am a little disappointed that Gtalk is not even listed as an instant messaging platform in THIS forum. Come on guys, we need that on this site. <taps foot impatiently>

It would be nice for those of us to use it a little like BBM.

I actually thought the same thing. My gmail is the same as a screen name. [email protected]. Add it on if ya want. I use it on my BB for now :icon_ lala::icon_ lala: