Preparing to sell the phone

Kaiu14

Reaction score
So I haven't used the phone in quite a bit so I'm pretty much a noob. I want to know the best way to get the stock apps back that I removed
When I rooted. Will factory reset work or is there some other way to make this phone uprooted and have the stock apps back?

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
unrooting will not put the stock apps back. you have to flash a stock image to get it truly back to stock

OP
K

Kaiu14

Reaction score
ok. So I did a factory reset, not sure if this is the same as flashing a stock image?

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
If you decide you want to sell your phone, check out the classified section at android.net :) Get best price.... imo

Abe21599

Super Moderator
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
ok. So I did a factory reset, not sure if this is the same as flashing a stock image?

It is most certainly not. Apps you removed will not be put back.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
K

Kaiu14

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for helping a noob like me. I am assuming to flash an ROM Ill have to be rooted. Anything else I should probably know before doing this?

jpcalhoun

Reaction score
Ok. Thanks for helping a noob like me. I am assuming to flash an ROM Ill have to be rooted. Anything else I should probably know before doing this?
The best/easiest method to flash back to stock is to use Matt's RazrUtility 1.82 found on this forum.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

Well, let's clarify...
  • You do not need to be rooted to flash a ROM. YOU DO have to have a computer.
  • What phone is this? Are we talking about the Droid RAZR MAXX? If so, you said "I haven't used the phone in quite a bit". Seems strange, why?
  • Make sure that you choose to wipe system memory when you flash the new ROM
  • Make sure you remove the removable SD Card before you sell it, or at least copy everything off and format it (though this can be reversed and your "personal" information can be recovered.)
  • If this is the Droid RAZR MAXX as we've all had to assume it is, then jpcalhoun's advice is best. Go to http://www.droidforums.net/forum/droid-razr-hacks/216562-droid-razr-utility-1-8-a.html and READ, READ, READ the directions, then download and install, install drivers...Oh, and did I say READ??
Good luck! :biggrin:

OP
K

Kaiu14

Reaction score
ok. Thanks guys! You have all been an immense help! I'm very thankful you were able to help me. Btw this is the Droid Razr Maxx we were talking about. I assumed putting it in this part of the threads would let you guys know. But then again this is the first time I have used these forums.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
ok. Thanks guys! You have all been an immense help! I'm very thankful you were able to help me. Btw this is the Droid Razr Maxx we were talking about. I assumed putting it in this part of the threads would let you guys know. But then again this is the first time I have used these forums.

No problem, and you did all the right things; your profile shows Droid RAZR MAXX XT912, and yes, this IS the Droid RAZR MAXX forum, but it's not uncommon for members to post in the wrong areas. I was just making sure, since it seems...well, it's a RAZR MAXX, one of the most popular phones on the market by far (and still going strong), and the fact that you are selling it, and that you haven't used it in a while struck me as a bit strange (no offense intended). I hope your "favorite" phone is something really cool! :biggrin: