Preparing a Droid 1 for resale

mitchb2

Reaction score
After I do a factory reset, I want to erase all my personal files from the SD card. What files need to remain to put it in a "factory fresh" state?

CD95YJ

Reaction score
Did you have it rooted with any custom boot images or boot animations? A factory reset will not get rid of those, only a full sbf will unless you have the stock logo and animation you can reflash.

Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

AmukamraIsAGiant

Reaction score
Can a thread link or web link be forwarded?

I want to factory reset my droid. I cannot boot into recovery, but i'm not a master by any sense in troubleshooting boot issues. My Droid 1 is rooted, running GPA 14. I had had this going and running great for a bout a month when the Droid then did not boot up. I am unsure how to proceed so maybe a list of instructions of how to reset it is in order. I would like to get this back in working order somehow. Is there a thread that deals with this that a new member like me would not yet know about? Any help = apreesh.
thanks.

jayman350

Reaction score
I want to factory reset my droid. I cannot boot into recovery, but i'm not a master by any sense in troubleshooting boot issues. My Droid 1 is rooted, running GPA 14. I had had this going and running great for a bout a month when the Droid then did not boot up. I am unsure how to proceed so maybe a list of instructions of how to reset it is in order. I would like to get this back in working order somehow. Is there a thread that deals with this that a new member like me would not yet know about? Any help = apreesh.
thanks.

do a search for "unroot droid" or something along those lines. There are probably 5 different ways to return your phone to stock. I've done it a couple of times for warranty replacements and its really not that bad.

When you say that you can't boot into recovery, is your phone still working? If you can boot regularly, you should be able to boot into recovery. Power off phone, open keyboard and press and hold X, then press the power button, when the M logo shows up you can let go of X.

If that doesn't work you should check out the Tech Issues forum here, lots of people in there who know a lot more about this stuff than I do.

AmukamraIsAGiant

Reaction score
No, i cannot boot

Thanks for the fast reply - i came over from XDA since i wasn't getting a reply there. Plus i know Peter posts here but i'm sure (As you've indicated) that it doesn't require all that much intervention ;)
I just don't know where i'm going from being stuck at the Droid's red-eye boot screen. I cannot get it to boot at all. I've removed battery many times, plugged in the charger before booting, taken the sd card out too. It goes from poer on to the moto logo, to the droid word (white logo), then to the red eye and does nothing else.
I will search some in the tech area, thanks man.

thanks.

do a search for "unroot droid" or something along those lines. There are probably 5 different ways to return your phone to stock. I've done it a couple of times for warranty replacements and its really not that bad.

When you say that you can't boot into recovery, is your phone still working? If you can boot regularly, you should be able to boot into recovery. Power off phone, open keyboard and press and hold X, then press the power button, when the M logo shows up you can let go of X.

If that doesn't work you should check out the Tech Issues forum here, lots of people in there who know a lot more about this stuff than I do.

gsdreams

Reaction score
After I do a factory reset, I want to erase all my personal files from the SD card. What files need to remain to put it in a "factory fresh" state?

Go into SD Card in settings and format the SD card, then go to settings and Privacy and do a factory reset. Any files needed for the OS will automatically be recreated.