Preferred Network Question

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Since my 4G is spotty where I live, I have been using LTE On/Off from the Market to keep it on 3G unless I want to toggle 4G back on. I keep it on CDMA Auto PRL

I went into settings> wireless and networks> mobile networks> network mode> and my "Preferred Network" was set to "Global".

What is "Global"? Shouldn't it be set to "LTE/CDMA"?

LTE On/Off works fine, but I was just wondering why it was set to Global.

Thanks!
:)

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Also: When I changed it to LTE/CDMA , I noticed my phone was on 4G while on Facebook ... it had automatically changed my settings in LTE On/Off, to GSM/CDMA Auto PRL ... So I re-selected CDMA Auto PRL.

Still don't know what "Global" is, but CDMA Auto PRL is what I want to keep it on 3G right? :blink:

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
If you change it to CDMA auto (prl), then your phone should say CDMA only when looking at the mobile networks.

If you reboot the phone that setting will change back by the way so you have to redo it.

Global adds the ability to pick up the GSM networks they have in other countries in case you are traveling abroad.

Sent from my DROID RAZR MAXX.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
If you change it to CDMA auto (prl), then your phone should say CDMA only when looking at the mobile networks.

If you reboot the phone that setting will change back by the way so you have to redo it.

Global adds the ability to pick up the GSM networks they have in other countries in case you are traveling abroad.

So if we don't travel abroad there's no need in keeping it on "Global"? I changed it to LTE/CDMA in my phone and I have LTE On/Off set to CDMA Auto (PRL)

Is that the way it should be?

Sydman

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6P
Once you change it to CDMA auto (prl) that should overwrite and deselect the other three options on your phones network modes.

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Once you change it to CDMA auto (prl) that should overwrite and deselect the other three options on your phones network modes.

I just have to set it again after a reboot ... it keeps changing it back in LTE On/Off when I reboot. It has me perplexed LOL :blink:

94lt1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2
Hmmmm. That's odd. I don't know what to do from here... an fdr might fix it. If you're willing to do one...

But then again.. it night not fix it. :eek:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

OP
MattyP

MattyP

Rescue Squad
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Hmmmm. That's odd. I don't know what to do from here... an fdr might fix it. If you're willing to do one...

But then again.. it night not fix it. :eek:

DROID RAZR MAXXIMIZED!!!! PREPARE TO BE VANQUISHED!!!

I knew you might say that LOL :icon_censored:

So if I do a FDR ... what EXACTLY do I lose? I have all my apps backed up in Titanium Backup. My Apex Launcher settings are backed up, I have almost everything backed up. I guess I would have to go through the actual phone settings again and set all those back up? I just upgraded yesterday to the .215 ICS leak

I'd prefer to know what I'm looking at before I leap off that cliff. :icon_eek: