Pre-Paid Phone Cards

zoomie71

Reaction score
I have a Samsung Galaxy Y Duos, and I use the pre-loaded cards in them. Not sure what is going on, but everytime I check the balance I'm finding it losing
money. We use Peso's here in the Philippines P40 to a $.....I have loaded this new phone about 4 times, and the cards keep running out without me doing
anything! Losing about 30-40 pesos a day...

Anyone else experience this...I don't use WI-FI or networking either, so that is not the problem. Baffled here...

Thanks,

R

GoCliffGo05

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Note 7
Not clue but a shot in the dark. Are you texting or using any other from of communication?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
Z

zoomie71

Reaction score
All I do is text, and that isn't very often. I load this thing up and then something in the phone nibbles away at the card balance. Even did a factory re-set, and
disabled the WI-FI...Don't know what else to do. Eating me alive..!

Texting is P1.0 peso per text.

Not clue but a shot in the dark. Are you texting or using any other from of communication?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

OP
Z

zoomie71

Reaction score
Just had a friend come by and found my problem in about 30 seconds....It seems that my Data Network function was activated, and it was roaming. It was charging me about P5.0 pesos every hour...So I guess if anyone else notices their prepaid card balances disappearing by themselves, be sure to check you Data Network option and turn it OFF...:icon_ banana:

I have a Samsung Galaxy Y Duos, and I use the pre-loaded cards in them. Not sure what is going on, but everytime I check the balance I'm finding it losing
money. We use Peso's here in the Philippines P40 to a $.....I have loaded this new phone about 4 times, and the cards keep running out without me doing
anything! Losing about 30-40 pesos a day...

Anyone else experience this...I don't use WI-FI or networking either, so that is not the problem. Baffled here...

Thanks,

R