Pre-load maps for navigation off the grid

lrparts110

Reaction score
hello!

I use maverick for off road navigation and hiking.
I tried oryx map too but I think maverick is better.

greetings from austria

gunter

lrparts110

Reaction score
hello!

use the atlas map creator for downloading maps!

greetings from austria

gunter

SGTiger

Reaction score
hello!

use the atlas map creator for downloading maps!

greetings from austria

gunter

I like oruxmaps because you only have to download one zoom level to your sdcard and the software will simulate zooming out. With Maverick I had to download a map for every zoom level that I wanted to zoom out to which means I had to take up a lot more space on my sdcard leaving less room for a wider area. Additionally I fought with Maverick for a few days to show the topographical maps from terraserver. It was a nightmare for me.

With oruxmaps, make sure you download the "special version" of trekbuddy atlas creator which those at oruxmaps recommentds because it has been modified for compatibility with oruxmaps.

silvere2

Reaction score
Should be a hack for it if you are in to that sort of thing, otherwise I believe we are getting Google Earth with 2.1 which should allow offline map usage.

why's everything have to be a hack?

http://www.droidforums.net/forum/ap...ap-calibration-solution-android-platform.html

My apologies, perhaps I would know everything like yourself if I spent enough time here to make 2,600 posts. Again, I sincerely apologize. Obviously I need to start making 45 posts a day before I should attempt to help anyone. Perhaps I would learn the correct terminology at that point.

Internet Argument Techniques | Cracked.com

See #9.