Pre-google Contacts/speech to text

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
1) I have come to realize that all of my contacts are not backed up in Google as they were transferred to my phone via Verizon backup assistant...they were saved as phone only contacts. Now that I have Liberty installed, I no longer have my contacts. ...is there an easy way to deal with this issue???

2) Is there something I can do to put the speech to text button back into the keyboard? ...I use that feature a lot.

This ROM is very awesome...I have been playing with it all day! VERY GOOD WORK!
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

kejar31

Premium Member
Premium Member
Developer
Reaction score
1) I have come to realize that all of my contacts are not backed up in Google as they were transferred to my phone via Verizon backup assistant...they were saved as phone only contacts. Now that I have Liberty installed, I no longer have my contacts. ...is there an easy way to deal with this issue???

2) Is there something I can do to put the speech to text button back into the keyboard? ...I use that feature a lot.

This ROM is very awesome...I have been playing with it all day! VERY GOOD WORK!
Sent from my DROIDX using DroidForums App

download google Voice Search on the market to get the speech to text option

OP
D

DroidXcalibur

Reaction score
I should have known that - thank you very much! I now have another question.... addressing my first problem (contacts); I have gone to the online verizon backup and have started entering in each contact as a google contact, so this won't be a problem again in the future...my question is, can I like two contacts together like I used to in order to clean up my address book? ex: I enter in Joe the Plumber as a google phone contact; however, joe also has a facebook page that is already loaded in my contacts....so as opposed of having 2 separate contacts, link them both together ....if that makes sense ....or is there a better way to go about this that I'm missing?

Cytochrome

Reaction score

A very easy way, if you had backup assistant you can migrate to google contacts within minutes, go here, follow directions :)

Migrating contacts from "Phone" (BackUp Assistant), to Google Contacts

notoriouslyKEN

Reaction score
I had the same issue and logged into VZW, exported my contacts to CSV, then imported to gmail. Really easy.