Speech to Text problem

dfink114

Reaction score
I love liberty, but I'm missing one essential thing.....speech to text. Now I've installed google voice and can say contacts, but I really need this for feature for texting and google maps. For texts, when I hit the microphone, nothing happens. For maps, there isn't even a "Say destination" option anymore.

Any advice?

MACJAX

Reaction score
I am having trouble with my voice recognition for text. I say: "send text to..name"
It then puts the name in the body of the text message not; To

What am I doing wrong?

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am having trouble with my voice recognition for text. I say: "send text to..name"
It then puts the name in the body of the text message not; To

What am I doing wrong?

You know that's something I never use and I just tried it on my D2. It worked perfectly for me. I don't know what to tell you, I take it that it never works? Outside of a factory data reset and then try it I don't know what else you could do.

MACJAX

Reaction score
What do you say to send text?

Do you just say send text to..?

peacefulwarrior

Reaction score
This seems to be a problem with the HTC Thunderbolt

Hi,

I just purchased an HTC Thunderbolt and noticed that this feature does not work with this phone. I successfully used the same capability "send to (name) with text" to other Android phones and everything worked fine.

The problem is as described in the original note on the Thunderbolt it does not capture the username as a separate field for some reason and instead captures the name in the text of the SMS message... Very odd but also frustrating as this was is a feature that I would use frequently!

alorry

Reaction score
Voice Commands

I am having the same issue on my Tbolt. Voice actions simply will not recognize a contact name in the "To" field for texting or emails, nor for voice dialing either. Has anyone figured something out?

Ponyman2

Reaction score
Make sure you have Contacts in your Gmail Account. When you say "Send text to:" it looks in your Contacts for that name so make sure you say the name exactly like you have it in your Gmail contacts. I use it everyday. If you want to send the same message to more than 1 person just add the word "and". Example "Bill and Jane" it will put those two in the TO: field. keep talking and the rest will go into the body

rockula

Reaction score
I wasn't using the app properly. On my Tbolt, you have to HOLD the search button, then say something like "Send text to: First, last name" as logged in your address book, and it works at bringing up the prompt to do so. I haven't gotten much deeper than that with it.

Dictating Txt Messages is a chore because it stops after every sentence or so and isn't truly "hands free". It also capitalizes the first word after very "stop". You can say "period" at the end of sentence though, and one will be there. But I have a feeling that if I wanted a better dictation program, I'm gonn have to pay for it.

I would also love to have my text and email messages read to me, but can't figure that out either.

Last edited: