power on/off button taking screen shot photos??

debscan

Reaction score
I got the Froyo update, and the phone was completely freaking out until I did a factory reset, which helped immensely -- however, ever since then my screen has a tendency to freeze up when I press the power button once to lock it, and then instead of locking, the camera (or something) takes a screen shot and saves it in my gallery, and I can't lock the screen - I just have to wait for it to time out. I never had this issue previous to Froyo - in fact I never knew there was such a thing! How to make it quit, or re-program that button, or whatever!? Help, and thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Volones

Reaction score
Your problem is not the power button, but the back soft-key. In order to take a screenshot, you would hold down the back button and press the power key. The screen is freezing up because the 'back' soft-key is stuck on/pressed. When this is happening, you'll take a screenshot when you press the power key, even if you're not touching the back soft-key at all. The only way I've found to stop is to manually press the back soft-key a few times, which will turn it off, and your phone will be fine. I don't know how to prevent the behavior, as much as I wish I did. I hate taking unexpected screenshots.

OP
D

debscan

Reaction score
Thanks for your help!

Sent from my SCH-I500 using DroidForums