power cycling

m524c

Reaction score
Ha! I've routinely had upwards of 200 on the RAZR and it gives no problems so you need not worry.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

FoxKat -

I have about 250 ... that's when I usually get the problems... usually after moving some to the media area to free up memory. Have you moved any to the media area? If you are telling me you can load that many apps without a problem, I may let VZW send me another phone... but I am pretty convinced I can reproduce the issue on any Razr you give me.

BleedCrimson

Reaction score
Got rid of all the "GO" apps and themes, did a factory reset and my cycling problems have disappeared. Will never use another "GO" app......:biggrin:

m524c

Reaction score
Got rid of all the "GO" apps and themes, did a factory reset and my cycling problems have disappeared. Will never use another "GO" app......:biggrin:

I wish it were so easy for me... regardless of the apps I load, if I get to over 200 (not sure where the magic number is... and not sure if it is number of apps -though I think it is - or amount of memory) and then move any significant portion of them to media area... BAM! It will go into endless power cycling.

I even went to the extreme of creating a test Google account - did a factory reset - installed that account - then installed the first 230 or so of their free apps.... moved to media area.... same issue as always. This is my 2nd Razr that it happens on... From what I have been able to glean from other areas this is an OS bug that Motorola claims to know of... though they never admitted that to me.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7
FoxKat -

I have about 250 ... that's when I usually get the problems... usually after moving some to the media area to free up memory. Have you moved any to the media area? If you are telling me you can load that many apps without a problem, I may let VZW send me another phone... but I am pretty convinced I can reproduce the issue on any Razr you give me.

Yes, I can believe that many apps might cause the problem. No, I wasn't moving any apps to the external card, all were contained in the internal app storage area. I'll give it a try today and see if I can reproduced the issue as well.

FoxKat

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Droid Turbo 2 & Galaxy S7

I've read several posts blaming the GO apps for the problems, so I'm not surprised.

TisMyDroid

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Samsung Note 3

This may belong in another thread because I am changing the subject somewhat. I use Go Launcher, Go weather and Go SMS on my Razr Maxx. I have not had any problems that I am aware of... yet. I have had my Maxx for over a month now. It has never rebooted on it's own, froze or power cycled down... yet (knock on wood). I am wondering what kind of problems anyone has had with any of the "Go" apps on the Razr. I do know that if I do start having any power cycling problems, I will first try getting rid of my "Go" apps to see if it solves the problem. Thanks in advance for any feedback.

m524c

Reaction score
Yes, I can believe that many apps might cause the problem. No, I wasn't moving any apps to the external card, all were contained in the internal app storage area. I'll give it a try today and see if I can reproduced the issue as well.

FoxKat -

I would love to know if you got a chance to try moving a chunk of the programs to the media area if you get a chance... thanks in advance.