"Power Control" Widget

JFM-jr

Reaction score
I was wondering what the 2nd icon from the right controls? You have the screen brightness all the way on the right and the next to it is for? I know what the rest are responsible for but maybe we can just post all the functions in the event somebody else out there has the same question about 1 of the others.

Thanks!

destrekor

Reaction score
That's "sync", or something along those lines.
I cannot say for sure what all it encompasses, but I see the same icon near the radio and battery icons in the notification bar when Google Finance is pulling updates. Also get it with Facebook and Google contact updates.
Wonder if it is connected to everything that syncs, including Gmail and Gcal?

OP
J

JFM-jr

Reaction score
Ahhh excellent and thanks for the speedy reply! So to be clear for all from left to right we have from left to right as follows:
WiFi enable
Bluetooth enable
GPS enable
Update/sync enable
Screen brightness (Tap 3 times for low-med-hi)

Some notes: if you have your screen set for "Auto" brightness hitting this widget will disable that and over ride it to the choosen widget state. The update/sync when disabled will promote better battery life but will present other obstacles that hopefully somebody will chime in with. Actually they all have better battery life in mind but each with a drawback. Thanks again smokinfish

OP
J

JFM-jr

Reaction score
Thanks and for the record I did indeed try the search function and came up empty handed.