Settings on power control widget?

djdelirius

Reaction score
Hey, what are the 3 settings(on the brightness button) on the power control widget? Amazingly neither verizon or motorola have any info on the what the actual settings do. They tell you how to add the widget but don't tell you what the widget does in detail. I need to know what the 3 toggles for the brightness button are. Are they screen at %100, screen at 0%, and screen at user specified level? Thanks, David

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
On mine, one dims, one increases the brightness, and one moves the brightness to the max. Obviously, the brighter the more drain it places on your battery.
Mike

phil2

Reaction score
5%, 40%, 100%

Just checked using the quick settings app.

JCo352

Reaction score
I think one setting is for low, middle is for auto-brightness, and the last one is 100%

eliassami5

Reaction score
no...

The default is user setting, press it once and it will go to 100%, press it a second time and it will go to 0%, a third time and it will go back to your user setting.

Pathos

Reaction score
phil2 makes the most sense. It won't go to 0%. Jeez, come on and use your brain.

0% is off.

Sweettooth

Reaction score
I might be crazy but I could swear that when I first got my Droid back in early December I was able to change the brightness of the screen via the power button like on the Blackberry's. Anyone else ever notice this?? I don't remember when the 2.0.1 update came out, perhaps it was there for a short period of time and then they fixed it...

mwhartman

Super Moderator/RS
Premium Member
Reaction score
Mine has a brightness setting on the far right.

Mike

Reaction score
I have auto brightness turned on.
When the power widget shows off it is on the minimum setting.
touch it and the auto brightness starts working
touch it again and it is at the full brightness setting

Try it