Power Control Widget

R

rellsell

I've read a couple posts that refer to a power control widget that allows you to turn on/off WiFi, GPS, etc from a single location. I've searched the marketplace with no luck and a google search brought up references but no links. Anyone familiar with it? Thanks.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've read a couple posts that refer to a power control widget that allows you to turn on/off WiFi, GPS, etc from a single location. I've searched the marketplace with no luck and a google search brought up references but no links. Anyone familiar with it? Thanks.

Mine is called "Battery Widget"

andjarnic

Reaction score
It's built in to Android. If you hold down on one of the 3 home screens in an area where there is no icon (aka.. room for one), a menu pops up. Press Widgets, a list of widgets comes up. Find Power Control. Select it. If you have room for 4 icons across one row, it will fit. It fills up 1/4 of a home screen, using one full row of the 4 available, and taking up all 4 columns.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
he's not looking for that stupid one that is built in, he's looking for a different one. The power control widget is huge and bulky and in my opinion sucks. The "Battery Widget" app does all of the same crap. If you set a widget for the battery app (which only takes up 1 spot) not multiple, all you have to do is tap the widget and you get the same controls.

andjarnic

Reaction score
Oh very nice..didn't know that. Oddly, I initially thought this would be a useful app, but not so much any more. I don't ever turn off wifi or anything else. I suppose it is useful to some, just not to me.

Ah yes.. "From a single location.." missed that.

New2u

Super Moderator
Reaction score
I like the battery widget because it does all that in one spot, not taking up the whole top of a screen like the power bar widget from who knows where is. I think it's good because there are alot of people who don't need wifi most of the time, but every once in awhile do need it, so, all good concepts that help save battery life.

OP
R

rellsell

Thanks everyone. I think the built-in widget was the one I was looking for. I'll try the battery widget as well. Thanks again.

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
Thanks! Never like Power Widget because I couldn't remember what each icon stood for. I leave Wifi and GPS turned off unless they are needed. This does the trick, and even gives you battery % right on the widget. Very cool.

Dream

Reaction score
I personally love the built in widget, comes in very handy.

Enk

Reaction score
I prefer the built in widget too. I like the widgets that take up a whole row on my phone. The ones that take up a small spot don't look good on the phone.