Power Button stopped working!

appledisk

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just came back from a 3 week holiday in Thailand (amazing btw!). I lost my USB charger quite early, so went to buy one that works with iPad, RAZR (XT910) and Galaxy Nexus. 7/11 had one, the packaging said it delivers enough power to charge the iPad as well as any other phone. (I don't recall how many mAh, but more than 2000.)

After using it for a while, my Galaxy Nexus started to show "Charging..." permanently, but more important, I've been having huge problems with the RAZR. At first, it didn't turn on or charge. I tried every button combination, plug in and out with different buttons pressed, and all of a sudden, it started - but after all, the power button isn't working anymore, and the battery drains to "white light" mode.

I can't recover the phone, as the power button isn't even working in boot mode menu. It only works in combination with Volume Down in order to reset the phone. But I can't power off or lock the phone. Right now I am using "Awesome On/Off" to unlock the screen, and a Screen Lock Widget.

Unfortunately, I lost the stock charger. I figure there's a problem with the electricity in the circuit, but I was hoping that some one might have a hot tip for me?!

Thank you!

MasterGadgets

Reaction score
Using a charger other than one intended for the RAZR can cause charging and other problems. There are instances of this happening and being reported on many different forums for the RAZR.