power button on droid2

vrsca1

Reaction score
I recently bought a droid2 love the phone but a couple of times now the phone has not responded(turned on) when i push the power button at the top corner.....The power button is the one thing I did not like from the get go,for such a nice phone someone made a poor choice in the design of the cheap feeling button that needs to pressed repeatldly to wake the phone up throughout the day.Has anyone else encountered this.....should I take it back and demand a replacement? I know they will say I broke it somehow someway which I have not,this button in my opinion sucks.

Vulcan1600

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
First of all, I just went from the past year with a D1 and got a D2 on Wednesday. To power on the D2, you simply have to press down a bit longer than you did with a D1. Other than getting used to the new power button, there's nothing wrong with your phone. If you feel the need to try to get it exchanged, ask to see the demo D2 at the store, and you'll probably see it's no different than your current one. And, take it from a former VZW employee - never go in a store or call a call center and demand things. It's a good way not to get something.

furbearingmammal

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
swdouglas.blogspot.com
Current Phone Model
32GB Moto X Developers Edition
Twitter
furryvarmint
It's possible you have a bad button. Demanding a replacement might succeed but would burn a LOT of good will; and you may even get banned from the store if you get too nasty. If you can't get the phone to power on try plugging it in. If plugging it in powers you on and the button is non-responsive after you boot up you have a dud and should get a replacement.

mpower

Reaction score
If it takes multiple presses to wake the phone I would definitely take it back and they should fix it without hassling you.

sent from my iPhone