Power Button/Lockscreen button wont work

nickgray71

Reaction score
hey everyone so heres my story. Yesterday i was in this huge storm and i was running away from the lightening, and my Droid2 decides to take a swan dive out of my pocket and into the biggest puddle it could find....But i was stupid and tried putting the battery back on(because the back flew off and the battery popped out when it fell) and tried to turn it on. it would turn on and the lockscreen/power button worked fine but it kept saying i had no service so i took every out battery and all that stuff went home put it in rice. now i have service and it works flawlessly but my power button/lockscreen button wont work. So i was wondering if there is anyway to fix this or if i could somehow program a different button to be the power button/lockscreen button. Thanks for you time and trying to help me out in advanced i really do appreciate it. also my phone is rooted with zroot and liberty, if that matters at all.

tjarvis

Reaction score
Could be software related...? Try to reflash the ROM first...then assume something shorted out. Warranty?

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums

roboots21

Reaction score
If you go to CM7, you can set an alternate button to act as the unlock button. Unfortunately, I had the same issue with the power button from dropping the phone and if you turn the phone off the only way I figured out to turn it back on is to plug it into a wall. I eventually got annoyed with it and got an insurance replacement.

OP
N

nickgray71

Reaction score
i have insurance on it but it got wet so i would have to fork up $100 for a refurb one and i have yet to have a good refurb phone from them yet without sending it back about 3 times. plus its a droid2 and it is definately not worth $100 to get a refurb one since it is kinda old i rather just try to stick it out for another year for an upgrade it i could. thanks for the help though i will try the things you guys have posted and really do appreciate the help

tjarvis

Reaction score
That's why I never had insurance...man you could prob talk Vzw in to an early upgrade for around $100. I know my contract still has 6 months on it and on Vzw.com it shows I could get an upgrade at a discounted price...tempting but i'm going to hold out. But most of the phones they offer are under $150...just a thought.

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums