Power button broke

korp

Reaction score
Yesterday my power button broke on my droid so I have to take it in .... grrrr. How many other people have had this problem? I wasn't even using the phone .... it was sitting on our team bus and I came back and it was broke.

OP
K

korp

Reaction score
Do you mean that the power button no longer turns on the phone?
Yeah like it no longer functions ... if I put alot of pressure on it, sometimes I get lucky but its flush with the phone exterior now instead of sticking out a little. It forced me to unroot so I can take it in :-(

OP
K

korp

Reaction score
Uninstalled all my root apps and any proof of being rooted ... probably had something on my sdcard but its not like they check on that.

They couldn't even get into the phone .... I think she was trying to use the stock launcher idk somehow that was fc'ing like crazy. My home and search buttons actually weren't responding either so that device was messed up for sure. She then took another like 20 minutes to active the phone which I could have done myself as well as setting up my email again ... nice of her but a total waste of time. She also told me I should not install so many apps ... I was like well if I had my setcpu and overclock kernel on there it runs just fine assuming all the buttons are working lol. The last thing was, she started talking about the new 2.1 ota update and pulled it up on screen. She was like do you want to install that now or later .... I quickly yelled "I will do that later" .... of course because I would have to wait to root and overclock again if that got installed. Then I ran home ... quickly rerooted and threw ESE81 on ... :heart:

lchavez289

Reaction score
Hey there, I actually had the exact same problem on my driod last week.
I did however discover that the "enter" button actually also functions as a power on button as well. The people at verizon didn't even know that! Reguardless, they sent my phone back under manufacters warrenty and replaced my phone. What was really cool was from me being in there and telling them about the enter button, I got to talking to the manager and they offered me a position. Got the job today!
-LC

OP
K

korp

Reaction score
Hey there, I actually had the exact same problem on my driod last week.
I did however discover that the "enter" button actually also functions as a power on button as well. The people at verizon didn't even know that! Reguardless, they sent my phone back under manufacters warrenty and replaced my phone. What was really cool was from me being in there and telling them about the enter button, I got to talking to the manager and they offered me a position. Got the job today!
-LC
Yeah I knew that about the enter button .... it was more a matter of not being able to put my phone to sleep though so my battery would just float away. Congrats though on the job.