Power Amp

wioneo

Reaction score
Is it possible to save downloaded album art with poweramp? I really have no idea how album art works but it would be nice to keep all these pics when I eventually get tired of the lock screen lag and go back to the stock player again

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums App

FreddyChevy

Reaction score
yes it is possible to either use your own downloaded art or use poweramp to pull album art from google

OP
W

wioneo

Reaction score
I found the folder now, but what I was really asking was if it is possible to export whatever connection the mp3's have with the images to my computer so that I will permanently have album art saved.

badog

Reaction score
mediamonkey adds the album art to the actual mp3. I'm sure there are others, but that's what I use to transfer music to and from my droid and ipods and to keep the tags and album art updated.

OP
W

wioneo

Reaction score
Is there a way to set the Auto Tag tool in media monkey to batch update songs?

OP
W

wioneo

Reaction score
I would reccomend trying both WinAmp and PowerAmp. The most important feature for me personally is having a good lock screen, and both of those programs do have lock screen controls, but they both lag before appearing most of the time and you have to click home or the lock button to actually get to the screen to unlock the phone.

Aside from the lock screen, both are miles ahead of the stock player.

snowman

Reaction score
how do you guys like using power amp?

i'm lookin to get a different music player, the stock one isn't really doing it for me...

just fantastic you will love it and a bit expensive (2.00) but WELL worth it.

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
mediamonkey adds the album art to the actual mp3. I'm sure there are others, but that's what I use to transfer music to and from my droid and ipods and to keep the tags and album art updated.
^ This. Edit your metadata properly and you won't have to constantly worry over album art.

Detonation

Reaction score
I found the folder now, but what I was really asking was if it is possible to export whatever connection the mp3's have with the images to my computer so that I will permanently have album art saved.

Most music players will detect cover art for a song if there is an image in the same folder as the album (traditionally named folder.jpg). However, if you wish to embed the art into the mp3, there are various programs out there for that. If you already have the artwork files in the same folder, mp3tag can easily batch embed them