Is there a Picture App that can...

Sp4rxx

Reaction score
Planet Earth, Northern Hemisphere, North America,
...exclude looking in my media folder for album art on my mp3's? Or, as well, exclude duplicating views?

• I used one a while ago (I can't remember the app off-hand; started with a "B" or "BB" or something) and I liked how it used the multi-touch and choosing different pics was nice, but when looking at preview "folders" where pics were stored, it would duplicate my pics in different views. I looked for a way to exclude/include specific folders, but there were no options like that....

• Additionally, if the above can't be met, is there a pic app at all that can exclude MP3 album art? I have 4GB of music on my DROID and 85% of them have album art and would DRASTICALLY like to exclude those pics from the pic app to not browse them....

I also used PicSay or whatever and it didn't so much create multiple categories of the same pic, but it did import my album art. To have the best of both worlds may be difficult, but at least meeting one of the above criteria would be neat-o.

I don't care if its free or paid, but I would prefer free if possible....

Any ideas?

LifeIsABeach

Reaction score
If you create a file called .nomedia and put it in the directory where the album art is stored then the pictures will not show up in the Gallery (or B&B MultiTouch Gallery) anymore. Not sure if that affects them being shown by the music player so you will have to test that out.

schollianmj

Reaction score
I have all my music in a folder titled "music". To keep gallery from reading all my album art. I put a period before music so now it is ".music". Voila... no more 8gigs of musics album art....

TreeFrog

Reaction score
I have all my music in a folder titled "music". To keep gallery from reading all my album art. I put a period before music so now it is ".music". Voila... no more 8gigs of musics album art....
i tried this .music trick and yes it does keep the art from showing but i cant get the stock or Mixing app to see the folder! is this a rooted only trick?

also, i know Mixing can pull the art outta the sky but some art just can't be found!!

rjax

Reaction score
Another (time-consuming) solution is to name all your album art folder.jpg (it has to be .jpg because .jpeg will still show up).

schollianmj

Reaction score
In mixing make sure you tell it to look in the .music folder, and not in music. Don't ask how I know that.... as to the missing album art that is unfindable, I just go to the interwebz on my laptop and search there for it. Save it into gthe proper albums folder (inside .music of course) as albumart.jpg.... works for me.

TreeFrog

Reaction score
Another (time-consuming) solution is to name all your album art folder.jpg (it has to be .jpg because .jpeg will still show up).
yup...that does work! Thanks!!

In mixing make sure you tell it to look in the .music folder, and not in music. Don't ask how I know that.... as to the missing album art that is unfindable, I just go to the interwebz on my laptop and search there for it. Save it into gthe proper albums folder (inside .music of course) as albumart.jpg.... works for me.
yeah i see the new .music folder and did select it but zippo pulls up. even a reboot or two didnt help..haha!