potential new owner need advice

mflynn

Reaction score
Hey, new member here.

I'm a current nexus one owner on the AT&T network and I'm thinking of buying a droid this Thursday (I have my name on a list at my local verizon store).

I'm looking towards advice as to why this may be a good (or not so good) move.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

There are two things that I'm a bit dissatisfied with the N1, and that's the screen accuracy and the AMOLED screen outside. I'm hoping that there's a big improvement on both with the DX.

What about the encrypted bootloader are folks here overly concerned/upset about this?

Mike
P.S. I also heard that the phone is only going to be in limited quantities. Does that worry anyone, i.e., production yeilds are so low or am I reading too much into it.

Signum

Reaction score
Hey, new member here.

I'm a current nexus one owner on the AT&T network and I'm thinking of buying a droid this Thursday (I have my name on a list at my local verizon store).

I'm looking towards advice as to why this may be a good (or not so good) move.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

There are two things that I'm a bit dissatisfied with the N1, and that's the screen accuracy and the AMOLED screen outside. I'm hoping that there's a big improvement on both with the DX.

What about the encrypted bootloader are folks here overly concerned/upset about this?

Mike
P.S. I also heard that the phone is only going to be in limited quantities. Does that worry anyone, i.e., production yeilds are so low or am I reading too much into it.

my store received 70 of them..

OP
M

mflynn

Reaction score
That's good to know, on the front page, it implies that quantities will be limited.

I have my name on the list as I mentioned. Now the question is why should I :)

Seven71ne

Reaction score
"I also heard that the phone is only going to be in limited quantities. Does that worry anyone, i.e., production yeilds are so low or am I reading too much into it"

I mean, People are worried that the Droid X is gonna be like the Incredible when it comes to quantities of the phone. The Droid Incredible is on back order, because samsung uses the AMOLED screen, and simply cant get enough resources to fullfill americas demand for it. Also, verizon allowed pre-ordering for the incredible, and basically sold out of them a month before they even came out, which is why verizon wont let you pre-order the droid x.

If your store runs out of Droid x's you really have nothing to worry about, youll get it in like 2 days from Fed-Ex.

Sorry i couldnt answer the rest of your questions, hope this helps!

Seven

hookbill

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
If you order your Droid on line you I guarantee you will have a better chance of them not running out then if you go to a store. Purchase on line, you may have to wait 1 day but that's better then waiting a week.