Post Your Weather Pictures

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
@truss: you and all the fam still doin ok? How did your area fair in it all?

Sent from my Liberated D2

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
@Truss wow, yeah, not too many can say that. Hope everything is OK.

@ChevyBoyz not much has changed here. Weather still awesome. Haven't used the ac in weeks, just leaving the windows open all day. Good to hear from you.

Tapped from an Unbrickable DROID

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, all is okay. On Saturday night, we had a 5.6 earthquake, which was the biggest recorded in Oklahoma history, and the second I have ever felt in my life, but it seems the only damage beyond minor things falling off of shelves was right above the epicenter 40-50 miles away. Then last night we had a 4.7 (3rd ever in my life, Note: I have live in Oklahoma for all 26 years of my life)... it is just such a weird feeling to get used to. I get the urge to run out into the middle of the street when it happens so that if anything comes crashing down, I'm not in the way.

As for the tornado warning/storms last night. It ended up being an awesome 7-8 hour thunderstorm, which is great for sleeping through, and it brought some much much needed rain to the area.

androidweirdo

Reaction score
I don't know if you exactly call mine weather but here ya go :)

sent from my Droid forums loving incredible 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1320762903341.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1320762903341.jpg
    418.5 KB · Views: 119

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
truss you guys get the worst of it all... storms, ice, and now earthquakes... those of us just south of you always look north and just shake our heads... we typically get what you get, just not as bad ;)

oh and for what it's worth, a friend of mine on facebook posted a picture of himself with one of the guys from Storm Chasers (Discovery) somewhere up in OK yesterday... his comment was basically "it can't be good that I'm taking a picture with this guy near my home town..."

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
haha... it has only happened a couple of times, but it is so weird when you see one of their tornado interceptors going down the highway. It looks like the evil spawn of a beetle or roach and an Abrams tank.

Did yall get a good amount of rain last night? I think we have finally hit a point of starting "recovery" from the last year's drought.

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
haha... it has only happened a couple of times, but it is so weird when you see one of their tornado interceptors going down the highway. It looks like the evil spawn of a beetle or roach and an Abrams tank.

Did yall get a good amount of rain last night? I think we have finally hit a point of starting "recovery" from the last year's drought.

parts did, but it kind of broke up right around DFW... but yeah we're starting on the recovery as well from the system that came through a few weeks ago... it'll take awhile to get out of this hole though!

What was weird was we had people here in Frisco (north DFW) saying they felt the quake... we never did, but neighborhoods just north of us did - I've never experienced one personally. One of our friends said they though an animal had crawled into their couch and spent the better part of an hour trying to find it, until they saw the reports of the quake...

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
parts did, but it kind of broke up right around DFW... but yeah we're starting on the recovery as well from the system that came through a few weeks ago... it'll take awhile to get out of this hole though!

What was weird was we had people here in Frisco (north DFW) saying they felt the quake... we never did, but neighborhoods just north of us did - I've never experienced one personally. One of our friends said they though an animal had crawled into their couch and spent the better part of an hour trying to find it, until they saw the reports of the quake...

Haha, that is crazy. I was talking with my g/f the other day how it was weird for me that this quake put some things in perspective... the thought that my parents, who live 30 miles away, and myself felt the earth move a matter of inches at almost the exactly the same time from the same source was pretty mind blowing to me, just the shear magnitude (see what I did there) of an event like that. And then to take it a step farther and to say that people as far south as DFW and north as Mid-Kansas (let's be honest, there is nothing there to name specifically, it's just "mid-Kansas") is just mind blowing to me. I was actually on the phone with my mom when the one hit last night. It was weird because we were just BSing about something random when I felt it begin and said "I think we are having another earthquake..." and my mom was silent for a second then said "... no I don't thi.... oh **explicate deleted**." It literally took 3-4 seconds to get from our house to their house... again, mind blowing to me.

Oh, and I know where Frisco is.... was there a couple weeks ago: In-n-Out and Ikea, AAAWWWW YYEEEEAAAAA.

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
When VA had one this summer I felt in MA. Pretty crazy.

Sent from my XT862, while on the move.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Glad your ok, we had our first big earthquake this summer in Pa. Maybe the Mayans were rights...

Was same one as Jeffs..

Trusstopher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yulp... now we will just see how close those asteroid gets to earth this evening....

jntdroid

Super Moderator
Premium Member
Reaction score
Haha, that is crazy. I was talking with my g/f the other day how it was weird for me that this quake put some things in perspective... the thought that my parents, who live 30 miles away, and myself felt the earth move a matter of inches at almost the exactly the same time from the same source was pretty mind blowing to me, just the shear magnitude (see what I did there) of an event like that. And then to take it a step farther and to say that people as far south as DFW and north as Mid-Kansas (let's be honest, there is nothing there to name specifically, it's just "mid-Kansas") is just mind blowing to me. I was actually on the phone with my mom when the one hit last night. It was weird because we were just BSing about something random when I felt it begin and said "I think we are having another earthquake..." and my mom was silent for a second then said "... no I don't thi.... oh **explicate deleted**." It literally took 3-4 seconds to get from our house to their house... again, mind blowing to me.

Oh, and I know where Frisco is.... was there a couple weeks ago: In-n-Out and Ikea, AAAWWWW YYEEEEAAAAA.

Yeah definitely makes us realize how small we really are!

And, lol... Ikea and In-n-Out... Frisco - the land of consumption! (which is unfortunately true... :))

OP
252chevyboyz

252chevyboyz

Silver Member
Reaction score
@truss: glad everyone is ok from that storm system that moved through

Haha yea I wish I could see the astroid while its near earth. Never seen one in person before.

Also it was a beautiful evening out on the river. Not many bass biting but with the leaves changing and a tank full of gas in the boat it wasn't even a problem.

uploadfromtaptalk1320793486431.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1320793512431.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1320793527587.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1320793553659.jpg

Sent from my Liberated D2