For those who notice issues with the clock/weather widget not updating properly

indee2025

Reaction score
I noticed when I would swipe to unlock I saw my weather/clock widget hadn't caught up with the current conditions....MOST of the time it would say the correct location if I say drove from Riverview, to Brandon to Tampa...but definitely not the correct conditions (IE says stormy when the sun is out with two scoops of raisins) so I was trying to look at why....I didn't want to set my update frequency to increase as the battery is not unlimited on the Rezound as we know, so I looked about on the internet and found where people said HTC Location Service was intertwined with updating the weather widget...this is true, but it's intertwined in a bad way...I only enable the google setting out of the 3 possible choices in the location settings and this should suffice so I was confused why my weather widget wasn't accurate and I found that by disabling the HTC Location Service.apk (By using RootExplorer to rename the file extension to .bak) I now have 100% accuracy on both the location & weather conditions on my device each & every time as if it's been figured out before I even clicked the screen awake....I only post this as there seems to be issues between HTC Location Service & Google Locations which causes both needless battery loss & inaccurate weather data....

WTF??

Reaction score
Sorry I only skimmed through your post, but have you tried to power down, pull battery, wait about 30 seconds, put the battery back in, and power up..... LASTLY ensure that your "SYNC" is enabled and working properly... perhaps sending an email to yourself from a PC and check it through your Mail app or something else that requires your phone to sync properly