Post ics install and rooting, Titanium backup error messages...

dsimmelink

Reaction score
Hi all,
So I successfully installed ics via RDSlite, then rooted via rzrs edge, and now I am trying to bring back some of my core apps....
I installed Titanium backup and it is giving me two error messages upon running:

1. "Warning - System configuration: Your system settings will prevent you from restoring applications. To correct this, go to your phone's Settings, then in "Applications" and tick the "Unknown Sources" checkbox."
The thing about this is I DID check the Unknown Sources checkbox. It appears this message relates more to gingerbread as this checkbox is now located in the Security area. Am I missing something here???

2. "Error: BusyBox works but the "su" command does not elevate to root. There's something wrong with your "su" binary and/or "Superuser" app. Please try to root your device again (possibly with different methods/tools) or check with your ROM provider".
I really don't know what to say about this one. Everything seemed to work fine when I did the root procedure. In Titanium, there is a green check by the Root access so it acts like I am rooted fine.

Am I missing something????

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
1. Don't know

2. Have you tired updating your su binary? Should have the option in your su app.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

OP
D

dsimmelink

Reaction score
1. Don't know

2. Have you tired updating your su binary? Should have the option in your su app.

Tapped from a Galaxy Nexus using Xparent ICS

Well, interestingly, I re-ran the razrs edge rooting tool and all is well now! I don't know if it was actually the rooting process itself or just the rebooting that fixed it. To answer your question, I did actually try to update my su binary but after it checked the latest version, it just hung at the part where it got my version. So something was clearly wrong but it seems to be working fine now. Fingers crossed!