Possible Ways to Crack the Bootloader

jhutchh

Reaction score
The best would be hope for ics... unless God decides to wave his wand and bring an ota haha

sent from my droidX that eats blackberries and apples for breakfast ;)

ngholson

Reaction score
The best would be hope for ics... unless God decides to wave his wand and bring an ota haha

sent from my droidX that eats blackberries and apples for breakfast ;)

verizon didn't get ota update to 2.3.5 recently?? cellular south did. however it is not rootable, at least for the life of me i cannot do it. i have the official ota download from cellular south if anyone is interested.

skript_kidee

Reaction score
Hmmm this may be "illegal" but what if someone hypothetically hacked Motorola and was hypothetically able to get their database. Could that help? Just wondering...

13th angel

Developer
Developer
Reaction score
Theres no "may" be to that, it would be. Would require the signing keys or a way to bypass the efuse..... or proprietary driver source for pretty much everything

skript_kidee

Reaction score
Ok. Hmmm well the only other thing I can think of would be to look over every line of code used in the bootloader, update packages, and so on. As for writing the custom drivers I'm sure there are a few devs out there skilled in linux coding. I guess it's all a game of luck to find a flaw to exploit. At some point someone will stumble upon it.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums