Possible OS issue with DROID 2?

robby_radio

Reaction score
Any help on this would be appreciated. I have a Motorola phone with the DROID 2 OS on it. About 3 days ago, I noticed it acting strange while I was trying to send a text message response to a friend. I was only able to type out one, maybe two words at most before the screen locked and then went back to the previous screen displaying the rest of my read and unread texts. And to top it off, doesn't save what I started typing as my response. This also happens with the touch screen, but the difference is it doesn't go back to the previous screen, it just stops you from entering in more of your intended message while staying within that particular conversation. And luckily your stuff isn't deleted as is the case when using the keyboard.

So I notice that the keyboard is the biggest culprit in this situation. Touch screen is a workaround, but it's tedious to keep going back into the conversation. But worse, it isn't just resigned to texts. It has been an issue in relation to any kind of entry of characters while using the keyboard, i.e., Gmail, Google Talk, Twitter, Facebook. So I know this isn't relative to JUST texts, but rather something bigger and potentially more damaging.

I did the normal troubleshooting. I restarted the phone. I also took the battery out and put it back in. Those attempts did nothing to remedy this. I didn't drop it in any liquids or get it wet, and the phone is relatively new, only a few months.

Can ANYONE relate to this and provide a potential solution?

Thanks. Robby

mdgreen9

Reaction score
Robby, Ive had the same problem too, and have tried the same things over and over again. Unfortunately, I have been through several phones after the update, and my phone has been doing the same thing. I have heard that a potential fix might be to do a hardware reset on the phone or under the options for the keyboard setting remove "next word prediction".

UrbanBounca

Rescue Squad
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Settings > Language & keyboard > Android keyboard > Uncheck "Next word prediction"

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk