Possible good news for those looking to tether

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
According to the users reporting in it APPEARS that its only working on certain Motorola devices but I'm still open minded. From what I've seen it will work on moto devices with the moto UI overlay, but on a phone like the original Droid it wont work. That's what the results are leaning towards but I can't tinker with anything because I don't have access to these other devices. The issue people are having is that the devices pair but wont connect which is very odd to me, I just don't see why they wouldn't connect over Bluetooth regardless of the tethering.

Trixie

Reaction score
I attempted this process with the G2 this morning. I got all the way to the final step and upon clicking the little wrench icon, an option to tether was not available. So, the Xoom and the G2 remained paired but not connected. *insert vulgarity here*

cwalter24

Reaction score
Bummer Tried for a while now. Must be something with the OG Droid. Cant get them to connect at all. Weird because my Xoom and Droid connect to to my car BT with ease sighhhhhhhh

OP
N

Newton122189

Reaction score
unfortunately its looking like the only devices this works on are ones running the Motorola Overlay, so just the Droid 2, Droid X, and Droid Pro

I don't know why it's like that but for now that seems to be the case

Zoosh

Reaction score
I'm using the xoom with my droid X. I'm able to perform all the steps and get both bluetooth icons up, but my xoom doesn't actually get any internet access. I'm wondering if it won't work because my DX is using a custom rom?

DF Smod

Silver Member
Reaction score
No luck with my OG Droid. Hope the Thunderbolt drops soon.
If your D1 is Rooted then the bluetooth tether option within the wireless tether application on your D1 works great for connecting and tethering to the Xoom -

junebug

Reaction score
Tethering

I am rooted and I have wireless tether and pda net both. I go to school online. I just got a new laptop month ago. All seem good for awhile now after awhile online Im loosing internet on laptop but I live in the city and phone shows full signal and laptop show excellent signal strength. I can power phone down and turn back on and it works real good for a while and then same problem happens again. Any suggestions??? Im not a big computer gooroo but someone told me to connect phone to wireless router thru my desktop computer and the connect laptop and other things in my houe that way, they said signal more stable. Is that even possible to do??? Help

Reaction score
I cant get my fascinate to work, PDA net or wireless tether.

Sent from my Xoom using DroidForums App

jrgray6

Reaction score
When I get to the 2nd to last step and click on the wrench next to my mobile device on my Xoom, I get no option to tether. Does this option only appear on the 3g/4g enabled Xoom? I have the Wi-Fi only model...

jrgray6

Reaction score
Disregard the above post, I didn't read the entire thread... Looks like others are also having issues with the D1