Porting to Google Voice Experiences

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score
I am thinking of porting my number to google voice and was wondering what others have experienced when doing this? any info appreciated!

Backnblack

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
iPhone 7+ 256gb
Are you thinking you can get rid of your plan?

OP
BoxcuttaStyle

BoxcuttaStyle

Reaction score
No, I understand the process. I would port to google and then begin a new contract with Verizon (of course paying any associated ETF fees). I wanted to know if anyone has had any issues at all? Functionality, such as SMS. I had read somewhere there were issues, etc.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
I use GV for years now. Even before the Android OS. In the past 6 month our company has opened a new office. i was hoping to use GV as the main number for that office and route all the calls to the main office number. that way i can see remotely what's happening, get access to vmail and other controls.

During the first month we use to get missed calls email during the while the office line never rang. On other occasions the Vmail didn't pick and it routed to the office vmails. Just felt a bit un reliable at times so now we are replacing all of our advertisement with actual number we got from the phone company. Hope this helps.

kodiak799

Gold Member
Reaction score
During the first month we use to get missed calls email during the while the office line never rang. On other occasions the Vmail didn't pick and it routed to the office vmails. Just felt a bit un reliable at times so now we are replacing all of our advertisement with actual number we got from the phone company. Hope this helps.

I've heard that, which is the main thing holding me back for routing all my business calls to it and then forward to various numbers. Would also be why I would hold off on porting (though I will probably do that when my contract is up to avoid the ETF)

takeshi

Silver Member
Reaction score
I wanted to know if anyone has had any issues at all? Functionality, such as SMS. I had read somewhere there were issues, etc.
I haven't ported but I have no issues with GV. You can always try GV before porting.

My office VM does pick up before the call is transferred back to GV VM. If your VM does this as well you can certainly have this sort of problem.

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
If that was the case then it would of done it every time. Regardless that wasn't the main issue, it's the missed calls During business hours that were the real problem. Just felt unreliable...

Tapped from my Sourcerized D1