PopCap's 'Plants vs. Zombies' Game Available for Free Today On Amazon Appstore

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
[video=youtube;knnsdFZcdXg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knnsdFZcdXg&feature=player_detailpage]YouTube - ‪Plants vs. Zombies for Android‬‏[/video]

The incredible addictive game 'Plants vs. Zombies', from PopCap, is now available for Android. You can get it for free today on the Amazon Appstore. The app will normally be $2.99, but since this is the first time the game has come to the Android, Amazon is offering it as a special promo. Check out the hilarious video trailer above.

Source: AndroidPolice and Amazon

Reaction score
Note: not compatible with og droid so put on your sad faces... :-(

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums

Skull One

Reaction score
Go to the amazon.com and buy it from there. That way when you finally upgrade from the D1 you will still get it for free. I tested that this morning for my D1 and it shows purchased but not installable.

BigMcGuire

Reaction score
OK, I admit I've been playing this for the last 2 hours on my Thunderbolt. <hides in shame>

Takes forever to download even on WiFi. The game is about 74MB. But when you move it to SD it only takes 700kb. The best Apps to SD ratio I've ever seen, lol.

Yeah this game is insanely addicting. That said, when it came out on World of Warcraft, I played it an entire Saturday morning. lol.

Reaction score
Thanks!!! Good tip and it worked for me as well.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Go to the amazon.com and buy it from there. That way when you finally upgrade from the D1 you will still get it for free. I tested that this morning for my D1 and it shows purchased but not installable.

I did this and once it moved to the purchased area I was able to install it. Now to find out if it actually works on the D1.

joeybarclay

Reaction score
Doesn't work on droid 1 crashed after hourglass and black screen :icon_ nono2: was looking forward to this.

BigTex71

Reaction score
I play this on my tablet all the time. I can't use the Android version since I have a D1, though.

666ogre666

Reaction score
I feel like there has got to be a way to get this game working on the D1, it cant be that hard to run...

chefmattb258

Reaction score
I got it to work on my D1. I got it off of amazon.com, then installed it from the phone app. First time I loaded it up, it crashed after hourglass, like someone else said, so I rebooted phone and it loaded up normally. Plays great. Not sure if it matters, but my phone is rooted with CM7 installed.

Boxster986

Reaction score
I got it to work on my D1. I got it off of amazon.com, then installed it from the phone app. First time I loaded it up, it crashed after hourglass, like someone else said, so I rebooted phone and it loaded up normally. Plays great. Not sure if it matters, but my phone is rooted with CM7 installed.

I don't see how to download it... I have CM7 too so I want to see if this will work.

When I'm in the app store on my D1, it says it can't download because it's not compatible with my device... ugh!

Tips or tricks?

joeybarclay

Reaction score

I also have Cm7 but it won't work on a reboot for me. Do you have compcache running?