[POLL] Will you buy Nvidia's Project Shield Handheld Gaming Device?

Will you buy Nvidia's Project Shield?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Depends on price (specify in thread the most you'd pay)

• Total voters

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez

nvidia_project_shield.jpg

Just a couple days ago, Nvidia announced their new handheld gaming device "Project Shield". A cloud based mobile gaming system that allows users to play PC titles right on the device.

Apparently, NVIDIA has been developing this Android-based handheld portable gaming console for years now. This new portable gaming device includes a console-style controller with built-in speakers, a 5-inch flipping display powered by the new Tegra 4 processor, and can actually stream games to your HDTV wirelessly.

From the few hands on reviews we've seen so far of the device, the hardware seems to be of great quality, making some other Android-powered gaming systems look rather cheap and plasticy. The speakers are loud, the display is clear and bright, and all of the buttons and triggers seem to be what you would expect on any top console gaming system on the market today.

So, without knowing how much it is, would you buy one? Let us know the ideal pricepoint that'd make you grab one of these devices...

Original story - http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...t-shield-handheld-android-gaming-console.html

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
Yes. Part to play Android games but also to use Splashtop THD on it so play game son my PC in high def on the device with a controller. Assuming of course the cost isn't something like $500 or whatever. I'd pay at most $150 if it doesn't have a touch screen, $200 if it does.

danDroid

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Depends on price for me.. I'm not a huge gamer but $100-$200 might get me to buy one.

OP
wicked

wicked

Administrator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Pixel 3 XL
Twitter
@MikeAlvez
Yeah, $199 is probably going to be the sweet spot for most.

Iggy08

Reaction score
It depends on the price for me. I think I can do up to $300 if it does graphics as good as the PS3/Xbox being that it will also be portable. Anything more would definitely be a no go. I'm very interested in that other Android based gaming system as well.

SILVER COUPE

Reaction score
Current Phone Model
LG G6
$150 would be a good price for me also curious to know how many games would be available and how much they would cost.

johnomaz

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel 2XL
$150 would be a good price for me also curious to know how many games would be available and how much they would cost.

Technically, every game already on Android should be playable on it. You already have games that can be used with a controller. What I didn't see is if the screen was a touch screen. If not, I'm assuming the joysticks could control a cursor of some sort. That is just an assumption though. I'd have to buy some emulators too for it.

Asgard

Reaction score
Yep, I agree that something above 200 is too much, if it was 150 I will consider; and if it's under a 100 you have a costumer.

Caesars

Reaction score
I wonder if my note 2 with a game pad could do everything this thing can.

Return of the Android

drew96dawg

Reaction score
I wouldnt buy this, my note 2 is kust fine for playing games.

sent from my vzw galaxy note 2

tjk629

Silver Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
NEXUS 6
$250 is the max this should be. Any higher and it will not sell well. As the 3DS and Vita has shown us (both launched at $250).

KZIWarrior

Silver Member
Reaction score
Depends on price for me.. I'm not a huge gamer but $100-$200 might get me to buy one.
This is an odd device, considering the price of decent tablets now it would be hard to justify for anything more than $200 (probably $150).

93fuelslut

Reaction score
im a bit lost..
we cant play android games like from the market?
can we plug in our phone for the screen?

i did see on google plus a playstation look alike controller, (i think that plugs in the phone) to play games.
anybody know?

shaiknbaik41

Theme Developer
Theme Developer
Reaction score
Website
shaiknbaik.com
I think i would buy it as long as its under 300 however, i might still consider it at 350. If you think about it most portable gaming devices are under 200 and that's with one to two screens. This one is supposed to be a lot better however, i couldn't imagine paying twice as much for a mobile gaming system. Even the xbox 360 (a console) is 200. This looks awesome i really hope they dont ruin it with the price!