Please read!!!

Sbeck

Reaction score
Good morning. I'm looking for advice. Bought my Droid X last xmas and within a month I rooted with z4root. Other than that its bone stock. Last night Verizon pushed an update to me. I did NOT do anthing, it just started downloading. I have not installed but it asks every few hours. My questions..... the update is 4.5.605.en.US... I assume this is the latest Gingerbread? Is there a one step root to Gingerbread? Would you suggest going from rooted froyo to gingerbread? Is there a way to stay where I'm at without the annoying popup asking me to update?

Thanks in advance for all respones.
Current version shows 2.2.1

Sent from my Rooted/O'Clocked X

Malvado

DF News Team/Mod
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
There's a way to stay like that with a hack on some rims where it blocks any OTA. There are also new rooting methods which im sure will work with the update

Sent from my Droid 3 directly to YOU!

OP
S

Sbeck

Reaction score
I'm leaning towards going to GB and rooting again. I would just like to hear a few folks say they are on 4.5.605 and rooted with no issues... and if you are, then some tips on the correct procedure for me to get there. Thanks.

Sent from my Rooted/O'Clocked X

leftspin

Reaction score

Beka27

Reaction score
Go for the Gingerbread update, some people would disagree but Gingerbread is much nicer than Froyo. To take the update you need to unroot and unfreeze any bloatware you have frozen. I would recommend an SBF though. Use the .602 SBF to get to gingerbread, do the update to .605 and then re root with D3 one click.

.602 SBF- DROIDX Gingerbread 4.5.602 SBF Released - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog
One click root- [Root X] D3 1-click Root Method - Works on GB.602 and GB.605

This is what I did earlier today. Here's a link to a great Youtube vid that walks you thru step-by-step of the .602 SBF. Super easy.
HD Step by Step Tutorial: (UNBRICK) SBF Your Droid X Back to Stock Gingerbread 4.5.602 - YouTube
And the root method:
HD Tutorial: ROOT GINGERBREAD MOTOROLA DEVICES (ONE CLICK PROGRAM!!) - YouTube
I used the new RSD Lite, and I allowed the stock GB to update to .605 before rooting.