Please Help!?!?!

Reaction score
Market wasn't installed after froyo OTA update. Just updated yesterday and now Market is nowhere to be found. Only resolution I have found when searching was a factory reset. Really don't want to do a factory reset. There has to be an easier way? Please Help?

tmaas77572

Reaction score
Do a Google search for market.apk

This will download to your computer with an installer. U can hook up your phone via USB to load it on your phone

Sent from my Droid using DroidForums App

Tallica

Premium Member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
It would actually be vending.apk and it probably won't install like that, usually the vending.apk needs to be installed through update.zip form or you will get a bunch of FC's, and that can only be done if rooted

chkmate

Silver Member
Reaction score
I am rooted. Could you please explain this process to me?

Correct, Tallica is right. Grab your vendor.apk or which ever is needed and follow these instructions. If you have Root Explorer.

-Place the apk(s) of the apps on your sdcard.

-Use your chosen means to copy the apk(s) to /system/app (this will require making /system/app writable. In Root Manager just press the R/W key when you're exploring /system/app).

-Click on the apk once it's in /system/app and install it.

-Now, you've installed the program, but the system won't see it as a system app unless you change it's permissions. In Root Manager, long press on the app (in /system/app) and click on "permissions". Then make sure that only the following boxes are clicked: User Read, User Write, Group Read, Others Read.

-Make sure you make /system/app read only again by clicking that box in the top right while you're exploring the folder.

-Reboot phone.

Hope this works and I'm not responsible for your phone:)

Last edited: