Please help with Liberty3

DMarsh508

Reaction score
I am trying to instal the new liberty3 for D2G but i think i am doing it wrong. I sbfed back to stock and then rooted with z4root. Then I installed clockwork recovery. From that point i cleared the catch, dalvic catch, and wiped data. Then i installed the zip from my sd card. The white Moto logo appears and stays until i turn the phone off. I let it sit for over 10 minutes and it never booted. Please get back to be as soon as possible it is very important that my phone be running.

Swirly

Reaction score
You need to update to GB 607/608 or and GB then use the D3 root tool, then flash in cwm

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using DroidForums

Thedroidstr

Reaction score
Yep just start over sbf back to stock froyo then make sure you get the gingerbread update before trying to install liberty 3 you did everything right you just didn't have the right kernel I hate locked bootloaders

OP
D

DMarsh508

Reaction score
Should i update to gingerbread from the OTA update or the pre rooted leak? because when i tried the OTA i could not enter clockwork recovery. everytime i would book into recovery it would be stock recovery or just boot the phone back on.

Thedroidstr

Reaction score
If you get the ota you will need to re-root and reinstall clockwork recovery either way it pretty easy just let me know if you need any more help

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sbf
take the ota
Root with the d3 root method
Install bootstrap
Boot into cwr
Wipe everything
Install liberty 3

Enjoy!

Sent from my DROID2 using DroidForums