Please HELP!!! Stuck at recovery menu after attempted ROM install

CRANE476

Reaction score
Last night I rooted my Droid 2 and everything went fine. Then I started searching for ROMS to install on my phone. I found one and before I installed it, I made a complete nandroid backup using the clockwork Recovery Mod v2.5.0.8. After that I tried installing the Fission 2.5.7 ROM and everything seemed to go okay, but when I tried to boot up it just stayed at the bootloader for hours. When I tried to restore the backup I made it only said "MD5 mismatch", thus the situation I'm in now. Any suggestion on what I should do?

OP
C

CRANE476

Reaction score
I'm not familiar with ADB but judging from the tutorial you posted it looks like a terminal emulator of some sorts. Where would I get ADB and how would I run it if I'm stuck in the recovery menu?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
. . . how would I run it if I'm stuck in the recovery menu?

Hmm I dont know atm :( But the adb instructions are on page 2, post #11 of that link. The only other thing I can think of is to sbf then reroot.

If we cant figure it out, We can go to our Rescue Squad section and see what they have to say.

OP
C

CRANE476

Reaction score
Hey, you were right! I had put spaces in the Backup file name so once i got rid of the spaces everything went smoothly. Thanks so much for your help! Just one last question. When coming from the stock ROM to a custom ROM are you required to wipe the data & cache?

CJM

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Rescue Squad
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Nexus 6
Twitter
https://twitter.com/Corey
It's always a good idea to do a full wipe between roms. Especially different roms. I even wait I until I have a full battery and wipe the battery stats too.

Sent by the Unbrickable DROID

OP
C

CRANE476

Reaction score
Alright thanks, i'll keep that in mind. Now, will doing a full wipe delete any apps not saved on my SD card?

OP
C

CRANE476

Reaction score
Alright then. Well thanks for all your help, it is greatly appreciated!