Please Help - Stuck at Liberty logo

flowerknits

Reaction score
Hi, I don't know if this is the right place for this post so please direct me if I need to post elsewhere.

First off, I have a droid r2d2 phone. My brother talked to me about rooting and putting liberty 1.5 on my phone which I did using the tutorials on this site (bootstrap and zroot) easily. Today I got a couple of different themes to try with liberty. The first one loaded up no problem but I wanted to try something else so I reset, reapplied liberty 1.5 and then the new I think it is called the Linear theme, I rebooted and got stuck on the grey liberty logo. I don't even have the spinning eagle icon. I have tried turning it on using the power button + home key combination to no avail. I then tried holding the x + power button and was able to get into the android system recovery, from there I wiped the cache and wiped/factory reset and rebooted and still I am stuck on the grey liberty logo screen. Have I somehow completely ruined my phone or is there possibly still some hope?

Any help would be much appreciated.

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score
These phones are almost impossible to brick.
My battery died in the middle of a ROM install
and it was fine.You'll probably have to SBF.
It's not hard to do.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Sounds like you tried everything. Time to sbf. I'm still on stock liberty 2.0.1 because I'm afraid to flash a theme and have to sbf again. Not that it's that big of a deal

Sent from my Liberated DROID2. Support team Liberty!

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score
I was SBF'ing everytime I tried to Restore a Backup.
Out of 8 Backups, only 3 worked. Sure glad I had them though.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Yeah I heard nandroids aren't so reliable.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
Double negative. ;)

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
Yeah I heard nandroids aren't so reliable.

Where did you hear that? I have NEVER had a problem with restoring a nandroid. If flashign the theme goes wrong, you might have to SBF, but ismply root, install D2Bootstrap, reboot to recovery and restore your nandroid. A bit of a hstle but your tight bak where you started before flashing the theme. Now if we didnt have a locked bootloader we could set the phone to boot to clockwork recovery rather then the stock recovery, and restore a nandroid from there.

ldopa

Silver Member
Reaction score
I've seen it around that people couldn't restore a backup and had to sbf first. They work for me most of the time. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I'm learning more and more everyday though.

Xplorer4x4

Reaction score
I've seen it around that people couldn't restore a backup and had to sbf first. They work for me most of the time. Sometimes yes, sometimes no. I'm learning more and more everyday though.

All I can say is I have NEVER ever had any problem restoring a nandroid ever. I wonder if perhaps part of the problem you read about was the nandroids were created with older versions of clockwork then tried to restore via a newer version of clockwork, or vice versa.

nerdslogic

Silver Member
Reaction score

All I can say is I have NEVER ever had any problem restoring a nandroid ever. I wonder if perhaps part of the problem you read about was the nandroids were created with older versions of clockwork then tried to restore via a newer version of clockwork, or vice versa.

That would make sense. I only had one issue with one restore.....the issue was that "Market" was no where to be found. Tried to locate and reinstall the apk but that was futile. I just SBF'd at that point and all was well.

But I would have to agree.....I have restored several backup's since then and didn't have an issue. But I ALWAYS wipe davlik cache AFTER installing ROM or restoring backup's. I do this because every single boot loop I have encountered was resolved by wiping the davlik cache.

OP
F

flowerknits

Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I did end up doing an sbf. The problem was, it turns out, that I didn't have enough battery charge and my battery wasn't charging when I plugged it in. I was able to switch out a battery with my brother and sbf from there. This was my first time doing the sbf thing and it really wasn't difficult. I ended up doing it twice because it failed the first time due to out of date drivers. So if anyone is reading this because they are in the same situation I was, go out and get your current drivers first, it will make it easier.

Again, thank you all for your responses, I was a stress case thinking I had ruined my phone. But I now have liberty running beautifully and my droid 2 couldn't be happier :)

BRAINFIRE

Reaction score
I've had those same scary moments. But SBF comes through
everytime. These phones are kind of bulletproof.

Probedroid

Reaction score
Stupid newbie question, but I did the same thing to my droid2. Stuck at liberty boot, need to SBF as well. I see you guys saying its a piece of cake, can you point me in the direction of where the required files/tutorial may be? Thanks in advance!