Please help!!search is not helping a noob!!!

skuffy79

Reaction score
Ok guys here is the deal. Let me first start off by saying thank you in advance for responses. I am trying to create an ad hoc network with my droid and laptop. So far I am able to create the network with a toshiba and tethered droid. My other laptop in the house can see the network but can't connect to it. What in the world is going on??? Please help!! I am running win7 and droid 2.2

guidot

Developer Relations
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I take it you are rooted? I don't believe you can create a "network" with the droid. It does tethering, which is 1-to-1, not multi devices.

OP
S

skuffy79

Reaction score
no i am not rooted. i have my droid tethered to computer and then created an ad hoc network. i am trying to connect another laptop to the ad hoc network i created off laptop. i am not trying to connect to droid, i am trying to connect to computer that is using droids internet

Last edited:
OP
S

skuffy79

Reaction score
omg. after hours of searching!!!!!!!!!!I FOUND IT........"Not unless the hardware doesn't support it. Worst case scenario try USB tethering. It's more secure, just as fast, charges the battery, but you can't share it with other computers unless you have Windows 7 and a program called "connectify me" or something like that." CONNECTIFY ME,,,,,DID IT!!!! IT ACTUALLY WORKS........