!!please help!! s3 wont start

jeffwerf

Reaction score
so ive been rooting for a while (still a newbie but understand it) and i recently installed a jellybean ROM through CWR. phone worked fine until the other night when mid text the screen just turned off. now i tried to turn it back on and it simply vibrates when power button is pressed however the screen will not boot. i cannot boot into recovery since my screen does not work and i am not out of idea. does anyone know how to fix this or have this problem before?????

:hail::hail::hail::hail:

NZitney

Reaction score
You can boot into recovery by holding volume up and the home button while pressing the power button. Hold all three until the Samsung logo pops up. Restore a nandroid backup from there.

mlewis76

Reaction score
jeffwerf said:
so ive been rooting for a while (still a newbie but understand it) and i recently installed a jellybean ROM through CWR. phone worked fine until the other night when mid text the screen just turned off. now i tried to turn it back on and it simply vibrates when power button is pressed however the screen will not boot. i cannot boot into recovery since my screen does not work and i am not out of idea. does anyone know how to fix this or have this problem before?????

:hail::hail::hail::hail:

Don't root n flash a perfectly good phone..... there's nothing wrong with the s3, leave it be......

Shooter308

Reaction score
If you're on Verizon, it sounds like they pushed the latest update to your phone and now the screen doesn't display anything. That is exactly what happened to my rooted S3 last Saturday night, my phone was rooted and the bootloader was unlocked - I had no idea Verizon was pushing an update out. I woke up to find my phone display totally off and not working. I could shut the phone off and turn it back on and feel it vibrate while doing it, but no screen display. So I held the power/volume down/home buttons while starting the phone and then I got into download mode. I flashed the stock image to the phone via Odin and all is fine after that.

arrndroid

Reaction score
mlewis76 said:
Don't root n flash a perfectly good phone..... there's nothing wrong with the s3, leave it be......

You're kidding right? Why are you even on a phone forum? I have to agree the phone was awesome; right up until I started getting OTAs. Then it started going downhill and it got to the point where I had to mod it.

Yeah sounds like Verizon screwed you over trying to update you to HE
If you can't get into cwm you'll have to flash with Odin.

Next ROM you flash make sure OTAs are blocked! Having Samsung root checker disabled is good too!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Droid Forums

theron404

Reaction score
similar problem

i tried to flash to a new rom it failed so i tried a diff one i had on my sd card and forgot to wipe again now my phone will not turn on at all the only feed back i get is by pulling the battery and plugging it into the pc i get a red LED like it is charging but it goes off after a min or so any ideas or do i need to file a insurance claim