Please help(possible brick)

droiddd1

Reaction score
So I've had the Droid since it came out, and since my contract is up this month I though hey why not root it and see what all the hype has been about....BIG MISTAKE!
I rooted it no problem, but when I tried to flash a ROM using ROM manager thats where all my troubles have begun...
The rom installed and it looked fine...or atleast I thought however when it started to reboot it goes to the droid screen then too the red eye were it quickly (3-5 seconds) cuts back to the droid screen it has been like this for the past 1/2 hour. Please help me!!

JustisLewis

Reaction score
So I've had the Droid since it came out, and since my contract is up this month I though hey why not root it and see what all the hype has been about....BIG MISTAKE!
I rooted it no problem, but when I tried to flash a ROM using ROM manager thats where all my troubles have begun...
The rom installed and it looked fine...or atleast I thought however when it started to reboot it goes to the droid screen then too the red eye were it quickly (3-5 seconds) cuts back to the droid screen it has been like this for the past 1/2 hour. Please help me!!

Did you make a nandroid backup before you flashed the ROM? If so just boot into recovery by holding the power button and the x button then wipe data/cache and restore the backup

Chizzele

Team Sourcery
Developer
Reaction score
Website
teamsourcery.com
If no back up try to boot into recovery, clear cache and wipe data and reinstall.
Depans on what kind of Rom you tried to flash it may require triple wiping...

OP
D

droiddd1

Reaction score
Thank you I guess my friend did a backup for me so I managed to recover everything. Thank God! I'm still a noob at this rooting thing haha. Now I just gotta figure out what went wrong and hopefully the next time I don't really brick it! lol