Please help, I'm having so muxch trouble with this Droid 2

gmatt908

Reaction score
I have had my Droid 2 for over a year. It constantly freezes and is non-responsive. I am so frustrated with it, I know I should clear the cache, but I don't know how. I'm a grandma, so some of the techie language is beyond me, but I would appreciate any assistance someone could offer.

Thank you

dezymond

Tech Support Mod
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Google Pixel
What apps do you tend to use the most?

Do you have any task killers?

To clear the cache of any app you would go to Settings --> applications --> "choose desired app" and then clear the cache/data.

OP
G

gmatt908

Reaction score
Thank you

I cleared the cache on each of the applications. How do I find out if I have a task killer?

"The apps I use most are CNN, Latitude, text messages, camera and voice mail. I have Facebook and Twitter, but they don't work properly.

I appreciate your help.

What apps do you tend to use the most?

Do you have any task killers?

To clear the cache of any app you would go to Settings --> applications --> "choose desired app" and then clear the cache/data.

JSM9872

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Current Phone Model
Galaxy S22+
Welcome to DF!! If you did not download a task killer then you do not have one. But if you are not sure if someone else did then just look in your app list for anything that has any combination of the works task killer or manager.

Shadez

Super Mod/News Team
Staff member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Website
www.droidforums.net
Current Phone Model
HTC One M8
Twitter
@Shadez69
Welcome to the forums! :) Task killers are a touchy subject around here, as some like them, some don't. But it wouldn't hurt to try one to see if it helps. Advanced task killer is a free app in the market if you want to give it a try and see if it helps.

Let's please not turn this into a task killer pros/cons thread. Just trying to help her out, and ATK has helped me in the past.

OP
G

gmatt908

Reaction score
I do appreciate you help, than you!!

OP
G

gmatt908

Reaction score
I did find that I do not have a task killer.