PLEASE help!!! Facebook app

larsenda

Reaction score
I've looked through a lot of the facebook posts, so I really hope this isn't reposting. I'm using the updated version of the preinstalled facebook app. On the regular site, I accidentally un checked wall comments/status comments to show on my notification page and now they won't show up on the notification page on my phone. I've tried logging out, unsyncing, rechecking on the website and refreshing... it's still not there. If anyone can give me some more suggestions I'd really appreciate it.

papy72

Reaction score
you changed the notification options in the app itself? If so, you can always try going into your settings under Manage Applications, find the facebook one, and clear cache/data from the phone.

It should act like it did when you first opened it (i.e. needs your FB credentials and such).

OP
L

larsenda

Reaction score
no i unchecked the notificaction box for posts on the actual website on my computer. but just for the hell of it i went to clear cache and it wouldnt let me

nerdbox08

Reaction score
I'm a tad confused about what you did exactly.

Did you remove the setting from inside your Account Settings or did you hit the "Hide" button while on your wall?

papy72

Reaction score
no i unchecked the notificaction box for posts on the actual website on my computer. but just for the hell of it i went to clear cache and it wouldnt let me
Oh if you changed the actual website then yeah clearing your phones cache isn't going to help :)

But I think there is an option somewhere on the site to show stuff you've hidden. I just don't know where.

OP
L

larsenda

Reaction score
sorry. on the notification page (where it shows who commented, liked, etc), i hit the X next to a status comment by accident hiding all of them. i showed them all again but it like reset the notification page on my app and i cant get it back to "normal"

nerdbox08

Reaction score
sorry. on the notification page (where it shows who commented, liked, etc), i hit the X next to a status comment by accident hiding all of them. i showed them all again but it like reset the notification page on my app and i cant get it back to "normal"

did you exit the application on the phone then sign back in? I did that once and singing in and out fixed it.

I also hate the default FB app for the phone. I think Bloo is much better.

OP
L

larsenda

Reaction score
logged in and out. unsynced in. restarted phone. nothing worked. i tried bloo but didnt like that the news feed was hours behind. im hoping that once someone new comments on something it will pop up but im not sure if it will. i feel like ive tried everything. i just didnt know if someone knew of something i havent tried yet

nerdbox08

Reaction score
logged in and out. unsynced in. restarted phone. nothing worked. i tried bloo but didnt like that the news feed was hours behind. im hoping that once someone new comments on something it will pop up but im not sure if it will. i feel like ive tried everything. i just didnt know if someone knew of something i havent tried yet

Yeah, I had too many problems with FB in general, so I just use the touch site for it now when I actually want to check it. =\

Sorry I couldn't help more. If you want you can add me and I can to an update, then you can boot me to test it out :p