Please help! Bootlooping after I install roms :(

bigred503

Reaction score
Hi so im running into some problems with bootlooping after i tried to install cyanogen mod and shadow rom today. I have the droid1, chevyno1 ulv 1ghz kernel, frg22d, i used rom manger to install it and currently running clockwork mod recovery too. i didnt wipe data or cache when i installed them so maybe thats the problem? im really new to this and just rooted a few days ago so im still trying to figure everything out lol. soo go easy on me.

if you need anymore info on my phone or anything just lemme know. and i appreciate any help :)

warrior21

Reaction score
You should always wipe when you are installing a new ROM so that could definitely be the issue. I also know that people were having issues with ROM manager a while back so that might be part of the problem also. You could always try this
Download the .zip file and put it on the root of your SD card
Turn on your phone while pressing X to boot into clockwork recovery(I'm guessing that's the recovery you are using
Make a nandroid backup of your current ROM
Wipe data/cache - more than once if you choose
Install zip from SD card
Choose .zip from SD card - choose the .zip file you just downloaded
Reboot phone after the ROM installs
See if that works for you

Last edited:
OP
B

bigred503

Reaction score
thanks alot! ill give that a shot and let u know how it goes!

robyr

Reaction score
While I don't doubt that not wiping may, in some cases, cause boot issues, 99.9999999999% of the time it is kernel related. Try a standard voltage kernel, or if you are dead set on ULV, try a lower speed. CVPCS's increasing voltage kernels work wonders.