Playing videos - File cannot be displayed or played

abean

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am no longer able to open videos taken with my phone. When I attempt to open the video, I get "file cannot be displayed or played". Normally when I open a video, I get the choice between "video player" and "es player". Not sure what es player is, but I checked in "always use this choice" for video player ... and now I get this. How can I revert that choice of defaulting to video player at this point?

Thanks

OP
A

abean

Reaction score
Ok, figured out how to reset the default (settings/apps/manage/filter - all/video player/reset defaults).

Yet it still won't open ... the other app was simply my file explorer. This video was just shot last night, and I watched it last night, what the hell did I do?

sandiegorealestate

Reaction score
Hey all,

I am no longer able to open videos taken with my phone. When I attempt to open the video, I get "file cannot be displayed or played". Normally when I open a video, I get the choice between "video player" and "es player". Not sure what es player is, but I checked in "always use this choice" for video player ... and now I get this. How can I revert that choice of defaulting to video player at this point?

Thanks

This fix that solsen suggested worked for me. http://www.droidforums.net/forum/dr...7-camcorder-file-cannot-displayed-played.html