playing mpeg4 videos

djlowery

Reaction score
I converted a dvd and it played on my computer before I transferred it to the Incredible. When I play it on the Droid I get the audio but no picture. Any answers? Thanks,

NickF

Reaction score
How did you convert it? I use HandBrake, and it took me about an hour to get a working conversion with decent quality. Alot of people have had problems similar to what you are describing, it may be related to B-frames or CABAC Entropy Coding features for the H.264 coding. Make sure both are off.

OP
D

djlowery

Reaction score
I used Handbrake as well but used the preset "normal". Read on here to use the Iphone preset. Did another video and it worked. Basically just click on the Iphone preset and it will work on the Incredible.

NickF

Reaction score
If I were you I would use the iPhone preset and then increase the resolution from the iPod preset.
Here are my settings, which are based on the iPhone settings and then tailored to make the best quality/size ratio on our phones:

Resolution:
608 Wide
Keep aspect ratio ticked
anamorphic is OFF

Video Filters:
ALL OFF

Video:
H.264
FPS: Same as source
2-pass encoding ticked
Turbo first pass NOT ticked
AVG bitrate: 1,000

Audio:
Same as iPod setting

Chapter:
Sam as iPod setting

Advanced:
Same as iPod setting

Sizes turn up around 700mb

beesy

Reaction score
How to play avi./any files on the Incredible evo or droid

I converted a dvd and it played on my computer before I transferred it to the Incredible. When I play it on the Droid I get the audio but no picture. Any answers? Thanks,

How to play avi./any files on the Incredible ...evo.... or droid
« on: June 26, 2010, 03:35:03 PM »
Quote Modify Remove
How to play avi./any files on the Incredible evo or droid

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HI, IM GOING TO TELL YOU HOW TO PLAY AVI DIVX ETC. ON THE HTC Incrediblwe, EVO OR ANY OTHER DROID PHONE. THIS WORKS 100% AND IS PRETTY SIMPLE THANKS TO GOOGLE FOR HELPING ME FIGURE THIS OUT. K LETS GET STARTED!

1. K FIRST THING YOU NEED TO DO IS TO GET APPINSTALLER BY MODMYMOBILE.COM JUST GO TO MARKET AND SEARCH MODMYMOBILE YOU SHOULD SEE APPINSTALLER DOWNLOAD THAT AND GO TO STEP 2.

2. NOW WE NEED THE APP THAT ACTUALLY PLAYS THE FILES HERES THE LINK MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service DONT FREAK OUT BECAUSE ITS MEGAUPLOAD ITS SAFE I PROMISE.SO ENTER THE CAPTCHA AND DOWNLOAD. ONCE ITS DONE TAP THE DOWNLOAD ON YOUR DROID AND TAP INSTALL. WELL THE HARD PARTS DONE YAYY.

3. CONNECT YOUR DROID TO YOU COMPUTER AND MOUNT INTO DISK DRIVE. ONCE THATS DONE OPEN THE DRIVE AND NAVIGATE TO THE MEDIA FOLDER. MAKE A NEW FOLDER TITLED VIDEOS OR WHATEVER. THEN ADD YOU MOVIE TO THAT FOLDER EJECT YOUR DROID AND WATCH SOME MOVIES.

4 GO TO ALL YOU APPS THEN TAP DEMOPLAYER IT HAS A DIVX LOGO. NOW YOU WILL HAVE ALL THE FOLDERS ON YOUR MEMORY STICK NAVIGATE TO THE FOLDER YOU MADE AND VOILA THERES YOUR VIDEOS TAP TO WATCH AND ENJOY. dancedroid

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3XX6PZKH

NickF

Reaction score
I might have believed you if
1. you weren't talking in caps
and
2. you didnt need mymobile advertising ****

beesy

Reaction score
I might have believed you if
1. you weren't talking in caps
and
2. you didnt need mymobile advertising ****

I don't really care if you believe me or not, download the app or don't I could care less....